WA Production Summer Bundle

cclarry

Since I already got the Sphere Delay free...I figured I'd buy this bundle.
It's $37 to upgrade to the Sphere Bundle, but you get both of the other
2 Sphere Plugins in the Bundle with this bundle, and I had $2 in Rewards,
which brought the price down to $8, and I want to see how well Outlaw 
works as an Autovolume tool, to definitely worth $8.  Instascale also in 
this bundle might come in handy.

• Like 1

Just now, mibby said:

I was looking at their 1 Knob "Pumper Saturator" in order to pick up ProximityEQ, but went with another SoundSpot plugin instead.  You'll have to let us know how you like them...

Will do Mibby!

2 hours ago, cclarry said:

Since I already got the Sphere Delay free...I figured I'd buy this bundle.
It's $37 to upgrade to the Sphere Bundle, but you get both of the other
2 Sphere Plugins in the Bundle with this bundle, and I had $2 in Rewards,
which brought the price down to $8, and I want to see how well Outlaw 
works as an Autovolume tool, to definitely worth $8.  Instascale also in 
this bundle might come in handy.

Main one I'm interested in is feedback on the AutoVolume tool "Outlaw"

Have one from HorNet but not sure I've ever even used it on a project.  

Courious your thoughts on this one.  

8 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Main one I'm interested in is feedback on the AutoVolume tool "Outlaw"

Have one from HorNet but not sure I've ever even used it on a project.  

Courious your thoughts on this one.  

I tried it briefly, and it seems to work acceptably.  Only drawback is no
"Write Automation", which would be nice, but it's CPU is low enough
that you could have one on every track and probably do no harm.  
Presets for just about everything, so could be  a one stop replacement
for tools like Vocal Rider and Bass Rider...need to get deeper into it when 
I get time.  But the Bundle is definitely worth the price IMO.  Need to get
involved in "Instascale" and see how it works...also for later...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mibby said:

For volume riding it's hard to beat MAutoVolume...  I stopped looking after picking this one up.

Unfortunately they abandoned support for automation writing few versions ago.

I asked about it but got answer which was kind of fake reason imho. I was told people were complaining about quality.

Instead of improving quality is always easier to remove 😕

Edited by Piotr

1 hour ago, Piotr said:

Unfortunately they abandoned support for automation writing few versions ago.

I asked about it but got answer which was kind of fake reason imho. I was told people were complaining about quality.

Instead of improving quality is always easier to remove 😕

I've just come back from re-reading the KVR forum where this is discussed. Basically - and I hope I'm getting this right - Mr. Melda says that, like compressors, automating what the plugin is doing doesn't make sense because it is too fast and much more precise than a DAW's drawn in automation curves.  As you pointed out, it used to be there in the older version of MAutoVolume, but was deprecated because Vojtech wasn't happy with the quality of the results.  FWIW. 

2 hours ago, mibby said:

I've just come back from re-reading the KVR forum where this is discussed. Basically - and I hope I'm getting this right - Mr. Melda says that, like compressors, automating what the plugin is doing doesn't make sense because it is too fast and much more precise than a DAW's drawn in automation curves.  As you pointed out, it used to be there in the older version of MAutoVolume, but was deprecated because Vojtech wasn't happy with the quality of the results.  FWIW. 

Well, let me disagree with provided opinion.  Is it plugin able to  recognize meaning of words in lyrics and context? Maybe mix engineer would like to bold something manually, change curve of changes...

Is it really the most important thing for music plugin is fast and it provides everything equal to some pre-programmed assumptions?  So we would need after MAV start work with Volume automation anyway. Yep, workflow seems to be faster at first sign, bu in such case we are without any visual guide... So hard to move from point to point we would need put some additional markers etc...

Let's consider 2 songs with similar sonic, balance and volume but different lyrics and context... Should they really be done the same? Plugin will do it as it doesn't understand difference.

I was trying to convince Voytek keeping automation option (no gun forcing anybody to use it) but our dialogue ended he send me link to older version and advised to use it if I liked automation writing... Well... so it would mean no improvements, no bug fixed, no life support for this plugin...  

And the funniest thing was I bought the plugin after watching video on their site where it showed plugin had automation write! :)
And long after that that video still was there...

So for me MAV is closer to toy than tool but anyway I love many of them plugs. Many of them are real killers. MAutoDynamicsEq is absolutely gorgeous. ProEQ3 has introduced dynamic bands. MAutoDynEQ had it years ago :)

1 hour ago, Piotr said:

So for me MAV is closer to toy than tool...

I'm not sure I understand why you say this.  Just because it doesn't write automation? I use it for leveling my lead vocals (usually) and it does a really good job of it.  Same as a bass rider too.  You can use it to knock off high peaks on a track, then follow with a compressor so the compressor doesn't have to work as hard.  You can side-chain it to make sure a solo or vocal keeps focus, etc.  Lots of uses. Just because it doesn't write automation doesn't make it useless in the least.  Not trying to argue or anything.

Anyway, to each his own. 

24 minutes ago, mibby said:

I'm not sure I understand why you say this.  Just because it doesn't write automation? I use it for leveling my lead vocals (usually) and it does a really good job of it.  Same as a bass rider too.  You can use it to knock off high peaks on a track, then follow with a compressor so the compressor doesn't have to work as hard.  You can side-chain it to make sure a solo or vocal keeps focus, etc.  Lots of uses. Just because it doesn't write automation doesn't make it useless in the least.  Not trying to argue or anything.

Anyway, to each his own. 

Yes, it just depends on what workflow is most preferred for whom. I didn't want say anything like absolute statement :)For me it is like this.  Just it does not match my workflow so not in my tools arsenal.  For a person whose workflow matches it is different thing :)