8Dio has released Extreme Ensemble 10 Electric Guitars

cclarry

45 minutes ago, AndyEatsCandy said:

lmao wasn't that for their VIPs? they must be in need.

i read somewhere all their kontakt staff walked during covid due to poor working conditions, that should explain why they barely do anything new

Is that a gossip or something real? They are releasing a ton of Soundpaint products for a while, so I guess that could also be an explanation …

37 minutes ago, AndyEatsCandy said:

lmao wasn't that for their VIPs? they must be in need.

They announced months ago that they were stopping VIP and in 8DIO style they had a sale.
Typically, there was a glitch which allowed some people to use a 60% off code when they were already over 50% off.
So the Extremes Ensemble Bundle was $99 for a short while.
As well as the Guitar Ensemble, the Bundle included 3 or more other ensembles.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Technostica said:

So the Extremes Ensemble Bundle was $99 for a short while.
As well as the Guitar Ensemble, the Bundle included 3 or more other ensembles.

Which was an error.. and they correct that pretty quickly. It was on sale for$ 249 and included 

V8P Drum Machine Ensemble 
V8P Electric Guitar Ensemble 
V8P Analog Synth Ensemble 
V8P Electric Bass Ensemble
V8P Real Drum Kit Ensemble

24 minutes ago, Barrie said:

Which was an error.. and they correct that pretty quickly. It was on sale for$ 249 and included …

That’s what glitch means in this context. 👍

I noticed that someone bought three of the $1k libraries for $300 in total.

I did consider the Ensembles bundle but wasn’t convinced I would get much use from it.

It uses spot mics on each instrument, so you get a lot of flexibility to go along with the room mics.

3 hours ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

Is that a gossip or something real? They are releasing a ton of Soundpaint products for a while, so I guess that could also be an explanation …

I suspect not. The 'downtime' was probably to focus on building and releasing SoundPaint which I've read can blend sounds in a way that Kontakt can't (as I understand, neither is 'better'; more a case of use the right tool for the right job). Another reason SoundPaint libs are probably coming out faster is that 8dio already have samples from the Kontakt versions - many of the SP libs are ports of the Kontakt versions.

There are also some new string Kontakt libs that have been released recently. With the number of samples that they advertise, I'd imagine it takes a while to get those processed.

• Like 2