Mackie CR3-X 3" Powered Studio Monitors (Pair) Limited Edition Gold Trim

cclarry

23 minutes ago, ALC said:

Seems constant hiss is a consistent complaint.

Just a guess, but some folks probably aren't using the balanced 1/4" inputs from a balanced audio source.

My old M-Audio interface was unbalanced output only, even using the 1/4" outputs. So when I upgraded my monitors to a pair of KRK Rokits, with balanced 1/4" TRS inputs, the connection was a bit noisy.

Ended up going with a Focusrite 2i2 USB interface with balanced 1/4" TRS outputs. All good now! :)

30 minutes ago, Tim Smith said:

This is actually kinda scary. Mackie monitors for 69.00? 

I need to check to see if I skipped dimensions here.

I wish something like this had been available when I was starting out, lol! :)

• Like 1

I had a Mackie mixer, actually it's still buried somewhere under a bunch of stuff. Great mixers. Never owned Mackie Monitors. At one time they were only high end. They have gone through lots of ch ch ch changes over the years.

5 hours ago, Tim Smith said:

I had a Mackie mixer, actually it's still buried somewhere under a bunch of stuff. Great mixers. Never owned Mackie Monitors. At one time they were only high end. They have gone through lots of ch ch ch changes over the years.

I still have my good 'ol Mackie 1202 VLZ in the closet somewhere...

Had some cool jam sessions in my home studio with my buddies back in the 90's using that thing. Connected a couple of synth keyboards, drum machine, 2 guitars, an XLR mic, and a bass through that. Output to stereo amp and consumer audio speakers. Couldn't afford any pro audio monitors yet. Recorded on a high end 2 track cassette tape deck, pre-computer. Good times! :)

https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/mackie-1202-vlz

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ALC said:

Nice deal.

Reviews:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/reviews/B083N8N7TB

Seems constant hiss is a consistent complaint.

I have these. They sound great! I am using a balanced signal path. Everything is clean as a whistle. 

I sure paid more than 70 bucks when I bought them three years ago. I don't regret it though. I am using them with a subwoofer because BASS.

Edited by Doug Rintoul
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1