Free Epic Game! Just Die Already, now thru 5/05

abacab

It's an illusion, it's a game. Thanks @abacab.  I have really bad tendinitis which ended my days as a musician and keeps me from being able to play a video game without pain in less than one minute, but I find these free game updates useful, because I'll shoot a text about them to my son, who's a gamer. 

*I've been holding back inserting "Abacab" lyrics  whenever I see your username (I am a huge fan of the period from the band's beginning up to and including Abacab -- and stopping completely with the first hearing of Invisible Touch -- which, I think was worthy of an order of protection. But I had too much self respects to go for such an easy pun. However, I think my standards recently lowered and I went for it. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

*I've been holding back inserting "Abacab" lyrics  whenever I see your name (I am a huge fan of the period from the band's beginning up to and including Abacab -- and stopping completely with the first hearing of Invisible Touch -

My name choice was actually a brain fart back around 2014, when Cakewalk was instituting their new "single-sign-on" accounts which integrated the online store and forum.

I was trying to take advantage of a last minute discount offer to upgrade to Sonar Platinum X3 Producer at year end (like on New Years Eve). So I discovered that I needed to create a new Cakewalk account, but I couldn't recall what my old Cakewalk username was. I had probably had a few by that time...

So that song popped into my head and I just used it, assuming that I could change it later, LOL... :)

I may have to put some thought into an original name.

Edited by abacab
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, abacab said:

My name choice was actually a brain fart back around 2014, when Cakewalk was instituting their new "single-sign-on" accounts which integrated the online store and forum.

I was trying to take advantage of a last minute discount offer to upgrade to Sonar Platinum X3 Producer at year end (like on New Years Eve). So I discovered that I needed to create a new Cakewalk account, but I couldn't recall what my old Cakewalk username was. I had probably had a few by that time...

So that song popped into my head and I just used it, assuming that I could change it later, LOL... :)

I may have to put some thought into an original name.

Who else did you used to be?

8 hours ago, Magic Russ said:

Who else did you used to be?

No idea now. 🙄

Probably registered something on the first forum back when I bought Cakewalk Pro Audio 9, over 20 years ago. But I was working long hours back then and didn't have much time for forums... was an occasional forum browser. But mainly was still using internet newsgroups for keeping up with music tech.