Audio export failed

When tried to export audio, following message : an internal error occured while processing the mixdown. The opeeration was unsuccessful.

All settings look ok for me, so I wonder what could happened. ( previous  mixdowns  and export audio yesterday and last week, with other midifiles were working and ok. ). I can't remember that I had changed something in the settings. 

I'm having a lot of rendering crashes too since this new version.  It's when it says flushing audio plugins.  I can get around it some by clicking the export button and rendering directly to wav rather than doing the normal export menu.  It also helps to open up, save, close, open again and render.  Obviously this is annoying and I hope it gets fixed.

I’m exporting a lot right now as I’m not only converting projects from 44.1 to 48 I’m working with 20 songs I’m in the process of proofing mixes.  
I’ll agree that the new export function is a bit buggy. Well it might not be a bug, just not set up right to begin with. 

I’m finding I have to do as said and save the project immediately before exporting as well as use CTRL/Shift/A to select none. 
Otherwise I might get an empty song with no audio. 
The other thing that is working better for me is I saved my settings as a preset instead of using the default presets.

There’s also a bug with the Range function. First, It never saves your settings. And then it randomly picks the time based option which is set at starting half way through the song. This is 20 projects not just one. 

This has become a time waster for me as I proof the 20 songs, open each project, make a tiny change and then export it again. 

I have just learned to be very careful to follow my steps and the results have become 100% successful

1. Select none

2. Save

3. Choose my export pre set

4. Scan all dialogue boxes 

Edited by John Vere

1 hour ago, John Vere said:

I’m exporting a lot right now as I’m not only converting projects from 44.1 to 48 I’m working with 20 songs I’m in the process of proofing mixes.  
I’ll agree that the new export function is a bit buggy. Well it might not be a bug, just not set up right to begin with. 

I’m finding I have to do as said and save the project immediately before exporting as well as use CTRL/Shift/A to select none. 
Otherwise I might get an empty song with no audio. 
The other thing that is working better for me is I saved my settings as a preset instead of using the default presets.

There’s also a bug with the Range function. First, It never saves your settings. And then it randomly picks the time based option which is set at starting half way through the song. This is 20 projects not just one. 

This has become a time waster for me as I proof the 20 songs, open each project, make a tiny change and then export it again. 

I have just learned to be very careful to follow my steps and the results have become 100% successful

1. Select none

2. Save

3. Choose my export pre set

4. Scan all dialogue boxes 

Only the export filename, location and audio export settings are saved with your project.

The following are not:
1.  Any specific items checked in "What to Export"
2. Your selection / selection range.

If you need those to be saved too, save your export as a task.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I'm getting this same error now:

"An internal error occurred while processing the mixdown. The operation was unsuccessful."

Nothing has changed that I can think of. Is there any way to trace the issue? It's doesn't generate a dump file. I get it when I select Export->Audio->Wave but not File->Export->Audio without changing any settings.

It happens on both .039 and the EA.13. Not consistently though but once it happens, it won't go away without restarting the program.

Edited by Terry Kelley

• 2 weeks later...

Terry,

Sorry I'm late to the thread, and this may be a dumb answer, but I get that error when I have the output file open in another editor. What I mean is that if you have the exported file open elsewhere then you can't export over top of it because the file is locked by Windows. Is it possible in your situation?

Tim