pls, in MIDI settings how to change the volume to each track ?

dogufo

Hi, ...I´ve got a vintage synth Yamaha SY77 and a muted weighted kbd Fatar 88; both connected USB via MIDI interface Midisport 4x4 with notebook to DAW software bandlab cakewalk v. 2022.02...

...I have a question as follows:

forseen that I have made 3 tracks on my project

Track one (SY77): MIDI In channel 13

ScreenShot_dogufo_3_traccia_1.jpeg.6fcd0d37894b3a6f74ee6431a16a2ceb.jpeg

Track two (SY77): MIDI In channel 12 

ScreenShot_dogufo_3_traccia_2.jpeg.7d51104fa84c2a6d9583a01e2e222b77.jpeg

Track three (Fatar 88): MIDI In channel 1

ScreenShot_dogufo_3_traccia_3.jpeg.4f110dc482221d250966ed5879834971.jpeg

... unfortunately I can change the volume only of track 3 (MIDI In channel 1) and I can´t do it with tracks one and two...

Is it possible to make that I can change to volume to all of the three tracks indipendently?

... please anyone have a suggestion to solve the issue?

thanks in advance. 

Are you recording a sequence from the SY77? If so, it's probably sending CC7 Volume controllers. You will be able to change the Volume in CbB after you finish recording and delete the CC7  Controllers from the recorded tracks using the Controller Pane in the PRV or the Event List or Edit > Select > By Filter and delete.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, David Baay said:

Are you recording a sequence from the SY77? If so, it's probably sending CC7 Volume controllers. You will be able to change the Volume in CbB after you finish recording and delete the CC7  Controllers from the recorded tracks using the Controller Pane in the PRV or the Event List or Edit > Select > By Filter and delete.

@David Baaymany thanks, yes, I am recording from the SY77, In the event list, I could find the CC7 volume controller , ONLY in the track 1, in RED characters, instead of BLACK ones like it is for the other controllers. Pls, what does it mean?

ScreenShot_dogufo_3_traccia_1_MIDI_event_volume.thumb.jpeg.cfae604b4ff5bf0f7dbd1f7059e493a1.jpeg

...unfortunateçy, I could not find then the way to delete all the list of volume events, ... I began to delete each line one by one, but then I gave up. Please, is there a way to delete all them by once?

Furthermore, the option "by filter" (CTRL+ALT+F6) in my menu section edit - select is NOT highlighted... I tried to select all the multi dock windows, but still the filter option is NOT highligted; pls, how can I loose the issue? thanks again 😊

Given that it´s a long list, 

Indeed, it would be good to download the Ref. Guide and do some reading.

- The Event List shows controllers in red to distinguish them from notes.

- You can select in the Event list by sweeping the mouse down the far left column of the view, and delete the selection by Edit > Delete (Delete key will only take the currently focused one).

- Select by Filter works by filtering the current selection so you should start by selecting the whole clip in the track view in this case.

EDIT: By the way, base don that Event List, it looks like a volume fader/knob on your SY777 might be 'jittering' and sending superfluous controllers almost constantly which is going to cause various problems. You might want to look into disabling it or routing it to an unused channel if possible. Or try exercising it to clean it up and/or find a position where it doesn't jitter.

Edited by David Baay
  • Thanks 1

On 3/17/2022 at 4:32 PM, David Baay said:

@David Baay Hi, and many thanks for your kind technical support, ... pls, I answer to each of your suggestion

Indeed, it would be good to download the Ref. Guide and do some reading.

I downloaded it, and search n the Guide, but I think that the Guide doesen´t threats the argument regarding MIDI matters with the synth SY77 

- The Event List shows controllers in red to distinguish them from notes. OK, I got it.

- You can select in the Event list by sweeping the mouse down the far left column of the view, and delete the selection by Edit > Delete (Delete key will only take the currently focused one).

OK, thanks again, I did it select the volume controller CC7 by following your suggestion, (but in this way ita was quite hard because mixed in the event list controller there was also CC64 sustain that instead I had to keep, and seems to me that it is not possible to order the different controllers in the event list by clicking the title of the column).

- Select by Filter works by filtering the current selection so you should start by selecting the whole clip in the track view in this case. Thanks, ... I didn´t do this because I proceeded like suggested above.

Unfortunately, even if I deleted the CC7 volume controller of track 1, I still can´t set the volume of tracks 1 and 2:

ScreenShot_dogufo_3_traccia_1.jpeg.6f0f365666f7d9835218e640762fefa9.jpegScreenShot_dogufo_3_traccia_2.jpeg.e3c17925fd86f553d20d436149d62262.jpeg

but still can set the volume of track 3:

ScreenShot_dogufo_3_traccia_3.jpeg.91f57a5d246a079833df20cfbb1299a3.jpeg

EDIT: By the way, base don that Event List, it looks like a volume fader/knob on your SY777 might be 'jittering' and sending superfluous controllers almost constantly which is going to cause various problems. You might want to look into disabling it or routing it to an unused channel if possible. Or try exercising it to clean it up and/or find a position where it doesn't jitter.

I had a foot volume controller plugged in; I have taken it out, but unfortunately still can´t set the volumes of the tracks 1 and 2 from as in the above pictures... 😢

On 3/23/2022 at 6:21 AM, David Baay said:

What if you disable Input Echo and change the inputs on the MIDI tracks to None? If that doesn't do it, It would be easiest to see a copy of the project to diagnose it.

@mark skinner ... I solved it was very simple; it was not a matter of CC7 event midi list; simply I had to assign the channel to the volume rack;

ScreenShot_dogufo_3_traccia_1_assegnazione_canale_MIDI.jpeg.dbcd2fc0cf763e19e5b2b139ec6ece49.jpeg

...as a beginner I didn´t know that... that´s why I asked... thanks anyway for your support.