FL Studio 20.9.1 Released

cclarry

­KEY NEW FEATURES

Playlist - New 'Quantize song jumps' Playlist Menu option. 'Make unique as sample' no-longer prompts for a filename when the Shift key is held. New visualization option 'Show Peak Meters for Instrument tracks'.

Mixer - New 'View > Always show external input levels' option to the mixer. Useful when monitoring is set to 'When armed' or 'Off'.

FPC & Frequency Splitter - Added context aware type-in value support for better workflow.

MIDI Scripting - 9 new functions & features for deeper FL Studio integration with hardware controllers.

https://www.image-line.com/fl-studio-download/

• Like 1

On 2/23/2022 at 6:28 PM, husker said:

FL Studio 20.9.1 Released

Info Here

NEW KEY FEATURES

Playlist - New 'Quantize song jumps' Playlist Menu option.

Playlist - 'Make unique as sample' no-longer prompts for a filename when the Shift key is held.

Playlist - New option 'Show Peak Meters for Instrument tracks'.

Browser - The Undo history in the browser no longer opens automatically while undoing.

Mixer - New 'View > Always show external input levels' option to the mixer. Useful when monitoring is set to 'When armed' or 'Off'.

FLEX - Shows a message in the "Free" and "Store" tabs if there's no internet connection.

FPC - Added context aware type-in value support.

Frequency Splitter - Added context aware type-in value support.

Plugin Manager - Changed text of 'Find installed plugins' button.

Unlock - Changed the text on the 'Show unlock window' button in the about window.

Scripting - 9 new functions & features including: Retrieve FPC pad info, 'Bypass all effects' and 'Inverse polarity' in the mixer, Master sync status, Channel types request, Show rectangles for parts of the channel rack, Sequencer steps undo flag, Distinguish Audio and Automation Clip Channels, Allow simultaneous highlight rectangles & Detection by hardware ID is now case insensitive.

Edited by husker

2 hours ago, Philip G Hunt said:

My son wants to get FL studio because he sees lots of gamers using it.

I've been trying to steer him towards CbB and other programs, but he wants only what they geek-kids use.

I'm gonna have to buckle soon.

Congratulations, you have a very smart son, because I have been using Flstudio since I was little for twenty years and I was not wrong in the choice, because today it is used by the biggest and most famous producers.

3 hours ago, Philip G Hunt said:

My son wants to get FL studio because he sees lots of gamers using it.

I've been trying to steer him towards CbB and other programs, but he wants only what they geek-kids use.

I'm gonna have to buckle soon.

He can use both.   It has the best licensing for a paid DAW.   It's very deep below the surface.  Like all of the other DAWs getting their supreme package is not a good value.

57 minutes ago, Paul Young said:

He can use both.   It has the best licensing for a paid DAW.   It's very deep below the surface.  Like all of the other DAWs getting their supreme package is not a good value.

I haven't looked into the pricing yet. 

Isn't there a free limited functions version that he can try out? I want to see him actually using it before.

31 minutes ago, Philip G Hunt said:

I haven't looked into the pricing yet. 

Isn't there a free limited functions version that he can try out? I want to see him actually using it before.

He can use the demo.  Basically the higher prices features more of their synths and effects.  Most buy the Producer Edition.  There's no shortage of info on how to use it. You never have to pay for an upgrade and ever upgrade they seem to throw in new stuff. I could come up with plenty of reasons to go with it.  They only drawback is it takes some adjusting if using a linear DAW for a long time. Plus I'm not a fan of their plugin manager.

There's plenty of reasons why it is still the most popular DAW out there.

Edited by Paul Young
  • Thanks 1