"What's So Funny? (The Laughing Emoji)

Lee Shapiro

When thinking about my new song, the famous quote comes to mind: "Art is never finished, only abandoned".   As usual, I've lost all objectivity over the "finished" song, I really don't know if it's worth saving or if I should just abandon it.  It's a little rough and harsh (especially the vocals), but I guess that fits in with the subject matter of the song.
Which is, I've become very angry lately over the use on Facebook of the "laughing emoji" to mock other people's comments and opinions.  So that's basically what this song is about.
It is political, because the emoji is often used in response to political posts.  I mean no offense to anyone's political views, only to those who mock people by using that emoji.

The song is layered, and has several different parts. The original version was just under 8 minutes (I tend to write long songs) but for this version I cut it down to just over 5 minutes.
I plan to use the 8 minute version to make a music video with the song.  I've spent a lot of time working on it, revising and re-recording many instruments and vocal tracks.  But I still don't even know if I actually like it or not.  So your thoughts, opinions and suggestions are most welcome.   Just please don't respond with a laughing emoji !
(Scroll down on the song page for the lyrics)

What's So Funny? (The Laughing Emoji)

Edited by Lee Shapiro
additional info
  • Like 1