IK Presidents Day Sale and Presidents of Tone Extended!

cclarry

Heads up re: Syntronik 2 SE.  According to the ad and other places on the IKM website (including the versions comparison table) the SE version has approx. 1000 presets:

Syntronik 2 SE is the perfect entry point for the new standard in modern virtual synthesizers featuring 11 synths and 1000 essential presets.

However, in my experience (1) the presets included are for the Syntronik 1 Instruments (some regular, some deluxe) and (2) the 1000 presets are split between Syntronik 1 Generation (not editable in the Syntronik 2 Edit Panel) and Syntronik 2 Generation (editable in the Syntronik 2 Edit Panel).

For example, the comparison for Blau is listed on the comparison table as having 100 presets, but based on my experiences 67 are generation 1 (not in the Syntronik 2 Edit Panel) and 31 are generation 2 (editable).  Yes, I know that's only 98, not 100.**

Several days ago I wrote Customer Support for a list of all the presets it is supposed to have to try to verify that my observations are based on what the product offers, and not user error.  If I hear from them, I will update this "Heads up."

For the sale price,*** it might be worth it to some IKM users to have some editable Syntronik 1 presets in addition to the Syntronik 2 CS presets.

Note: So far I only looked at several of the instruments. 

**More Info: The IKM Comparison table says Syntronik 2 SE should have 100 presets for Modulum (a Syntronik 1 Deluxe Instrument). I counted 84 Generation 1 presets (not editable in Syntronic 2 SE's Edit Panel) and 35 Generation 2 presets (editable). Yes, I know that adds up to 119, not 100.

***2022-03-04: At the time of the original post, the sale price was $39.99 (with up to $12 off with jam points).  Not sure what the current sale price is. 

Edited by User 905133
(5) to clarify what the sale price was at the time; (4) to clarify a few points; (3) to add a second example [Modulum] (2) to add a link to the IKM page with the Comparison table button; (1) to add part of a sentence I said mentally but neglected to type