Steinberg Download Assistant and eLicenser Software Updated

cclarry

I've noticed that most of these elicenser updates are just "License database updated" in the change log

https://download.steinberg.net/downloads/Release_Notes.pdf

when you run (autorun?) the elicenser maintenance it updates the licence database anyway - I wonder if all these minor updates are actually needed or do anything.

maybe just Steinberg's slightly clumsy way of making sure you have the latest database ?

(incidentally there wasn't an update on the mac - haven't tried the PC yet...but I tend not to use it anyway as it's still very klunky...c'mon Steinberg give it some love :) )

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Before I go searching for a steinberg forum I thought I'd ask first here. Maybe someone has a quick answer with a simple solution that I'm somehow missing:

I installed Cubase Elements via Steinberg Download Assistant but I see there are tons of gigabytes of audio samples waiting for install but my SSD is barely above 2GB free now that windows steals some more and more space with every upcoming update. Question is, is there a way to point the Download Assistant to install sample data to different disk than my system drive? (not talking about the download/"target" folder but where things are being actually installed). I installed Cubase and it did install without even a notice so that doesn't built any confidence in my own control abilities within this app.

Also I see there is Steinberg Library Manager installed along with. Anyone can give a hint what it is or point to some website where I can read about it? Thanks

14 minutes ago, chris.r said:

Before I go searching for a steinberg forum I thought I'd ask first here. Maybe someone has a quick answer with a simple solution that I'm somehow missing:

I installed Cubase Elements via Steinberg Download Assistant but I see there are tons of gigabytes of audio samples waiting for install but my SSD is barely above 2GB free now that windows steals some more and more space with every upcoming update. Question is, is there a way to point the Download Assistant to install sample data to different disk than my system drive? (not talking about the download/"target" folder but where things are being actually installed). I installed Cubase and it did install without even a notice so that doesn't built any confidence in my own control abilities within this app.

Also I see there is Steinberg Library Manager installed along with. Anyone can give a hint what it is or point to some website where I can read about it? Thanks

Yes...you would move them to another drive and then point Halion Sonic SE to that location.
Mine reside on my E: drive....

14 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Yes...you would move them to another drive and then point Halion Sonic SE to that location.
Mine reside on my E: drive....

Thanks Larry. You mean move them after installation? That wouldn't be even possible for me now.

12 minutes ago, chris.r said:

Thanks Larry. You mean move them after installation? That wouldn't be even possible for me now.

Go to settings in the Download Assistant and change the download directory to another drive.
You can install to where ever you want from there...

In the Library Manager you can move the Sample Data to where ever you want also...

6 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Go to settings in the Download Assistant and change the download directory to another drive.
You can install to where ever you want from there...

I already download to another drive and cubase did then silently install, without any notice. I will try again with the other downloads, if it tries to install in background it will fail when disk full. Wish there was option for download only.

Edited by chris.r