Free Update of ProjectSAM's Symphobia

Reid Rosefelt

This looks so good.  One of the most extensive free updates I've ever seen.  Very interesting new interface. It's like a whole different instrument.   Coming in a few days. 

As I own a lot of ProjectSAM, I hope they will eventually convert everything to this.  The two Swing libraries would be nice. 

NEW: Powered by a completely new engine
NEW: Fresh and spacious design
NEW: All-in-One instrument and browser
NEW: Browse by instrument category or articulation
NEW: 10 slot mixer to arrange and design your own Multis
NEW: Adaptive Sync for all crescendos and runs
NEW: Real-time effects per mixer slot
NEW: Shift and trim mapping of individual articulations
NEW: Customize articulation switching and dynamic control
NEW: Keyswitching between mixer slots (automatically soloes selected slot)
NEW: Direct CC control of Mic Distance and Panning
NEW: Extensive global settings to further tweak your experience
NEW: On-screen tool tips
NEW: 13 new Multis

IMPROVED: Smoother envelopes, filters and curves for all instruments
IMPROVED: Cleaner attacks for various instruments
IMPROVED: New release trails for various instruments
IMPROVED: Better release trail response for slow sustains
IMPROVED: Various mapping bug fixes

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 3

I have to think they can do this successfully because their samples are so good. I've only got a couple of their libraries, but from what I've heard in them -- and from the demos and walkthrus for the rest of their products -- Project SAM's samples are exquisitely recorded, and so the fact they are ten years old or whatever is not an issue. Some clever new scripting and programming, and its the same as a having a whole new product.  

1 hour ago, Amicus717 said:

I have to think they can do this successfully because their samples are so good. I've only got a couple of their libraries, but from what I've heard in them -- and from the demos and walkthrus for the rest of their products -- Project SAM's samples are exquisitely recorded, and so the fact they are ten years old or whatever is not an issue. Some clever new scripting and programming, and its the same as a having a whole new product.  

They integrate easily in all type of production effordless  that's a sign for me ..... ;) 

23 hours ago, Zo said:

Seems not availlable yet .....

Yes, they announced it as "coming in a few days."  Makes you wonder why they didn't just announce it when it was ready.  But maybe this will give some people time to think about buying Symphobia. 

I did a video on Symphobia and one of the things I love about it is the multis. So I am very excited that there are 13 more of them in this.

10 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Yes, they announced it as "coming in a few days."  Makes you wonder why they didn't just announce it when it was ready.  But maybe this will give some people time to think about buying Symphobia. 

I did a video on Symphobia and one of the things I love about it is the multis. So I am very excited that there are 13 more of them in this.

Saw on another forum it’s going to be released on December 17th at the same time as their Christmas sale.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2021 at 10:31 AM, Reid Rosefelt said:

aka "tomorrow."  😄

Thanks for the news. 

Reid, when you get your Symphobia updated to 2.0, I'd be really curious to know what you think.

Project SAM has got a 30% off sale going on, and I've been thinking of jumping into their ecosystem since forever, and so maybe it's the time to do it.

31 minutes ago, Amicus717 said:

Reid, when you get your Symphobia updated to 2.0, I'd be really curious to know what you think.

Project SAM has got a 30% off sale going on, and I've been thinking of jumping into their ecosystem since forever, and so maybe it's the time to do it.

With Time+Space 15% off code valid on Project Sam products, it could reduce the price even more 

• Thanks 1

So I jumped in, got it.

Symphobia is awesome. I really like the new interface and setup, although I never used the previous version, so I can't compare the two.

The overall sound of the samples is freakin' exquisite, and they are so easy to play. I always wondered if the baked-in sound and Project SAM's predilection for combos, multis and blended sections might not work for me, as I like being able to control every element of the orchestration. But so far I find the patches to be really useful and surprisingly effective. 

I can see a lot more Project SAM libraries on the horizon...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/23/2021 at 12:09 PM, Amicus717 said:

I didn't get an alert on this.  Maybe you need to put @Reid Rosefelt ?

I love the Symphobia update so much.   In fact, it caused me to watch the True Strike video a few times.  I never investigated True Strike before because I thought I was reasonably covered with Orchestral percussion.  But not like that. The interface creates all kinds of possibilities I never imagined.  Really thinking about it.   One because I want it and two, because ProjectSam deserves more business from me because they do free updates.  I've got the first two Symphobias, the Swings, and Animator.  I use Animator constantly in my videos.   I love that company. 

That UI is even better in some ways as it has a visual stereo field.  I think I will send them a recommendation to use this for the Symphobias.    

• Like 1