Air Music Tech Hybrid 2020 and select Expansion Packs

cclarry

I would say for $5, think of it as "GAS relief", LOL!!!

And I concur with Starship's love for Hybrid. It makes some wonderful sounds, especially the moving pads. There are tons of them in there, and the architecture of the synth lends itself to movement. 2 layers, and 3 oscillators per layer!

Just wish AIR would make the GUI bigger!

Edited by abacab
  • Great Idea 2

10 hours ago, abacab said:

I concur with Starship's love for Hybrid. It makes some wonderful sounds, especially the moving pads. There are tons of them in there, and the architecture of the synth lends itself to movement. 2 layers, and 3 oscillators per layer!

Just wish AIR would make the GUI bigger!

I love the pads and the arps. I also managed to get my head around it enough to figure out a sound I had in my head, starting from scratch which is trés unusual for me. I tend to be a preset jockey, just let me turn off the reverb so I can replace it with Phoenix Stereo and I'm happy.

Hybrid follows the traditional subtractive synth model just closely enough that general synth tutorials apply to it.

A scalable GUI could get an upgrade fee out of me, but they would need a programming staff to do that and I'm pretty sure they ashcanned all of them years ago. The engine is still superb, but man, it would be nice to be able to scale that GUI up. Same with Boom and Drumsynth 500. Not so much Xpand! 'cause it's a ROMpler and there's not much in the way of knob-twiddling to be done.

BTW, for any AIR fans out there who never got the manuals (most of which don't come in the installers and aren't available on their website), I have managed to collect most of them, so if you want them, just ask.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1