Magix Software at Newegg

cclarry

5 hours ago, Paul Young said:

The $20 deal came from B&H.  I have no use for the Studio version. 

I did not mean to suggest otherwise.

Humble Bundle is an outlet where Magix software has been sold at deep discount from time to time. I've acquired several Magix products there myself, including a version of Acid, albeit not the version that you use. They may in the future offer more deeply discounted Magix software, which might include an updated version of the program you want. The products they offer are usually a revision behind whatever the current release is.

46 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

I did not mean to suggest otherwise.

Humble Bundle is an outlet where Magix software has been sold at deep discount from time to time. I've acquired several Magix products there myself, including a version of Acid, albeit not the version that you use. They may in the future offer more deeply discounted Magix software, which might include an updated version of the program you want. The products they offer are usually a revision behind whatever the current release is.

Just curious if anyone has ever used the Music Maker products that come with these bundles?

1 hour ago, Paul Young said:

Just curious if anyone has ever used the Music Maker products that come with these bundles?

Yes.

For me, Music Maker with the Song Maker feature and a good collection of soundpools is tremendously fun as an idea generator (for creating songs).

I wouldn't recommend MM as a daw. It's probably the most unstable daw I've ever used and it's practically unusable if you have a lot of plugins. Most of the time after running song maker I just export the  tracks to wav and get  them into Pro Tools for mixing & mastering

It's a little annoying how Magix will try to "nickel and dime" you for features (unless you cave in, like I did, and upgrade to premium) but you can typically use some of the vouchers from the bundle to get the interesting features (and ignore the rest)

In the latest version, MM 2021, Song Maker AI is a big improvement over the previous version (not because of the "AI" but because of the improved selection options, now it's finally possible to easily specify things like - combine the guitar loops from Metal and Flamenco soundpools with the bass & drum loops from a Trap soundpool and the accordion loops from a Schlager soundpool).

It's currently "on sale" at $99 (MM Premium full) or $59 (MM Premium upgrade) at https://www.magix.com/us/music-editing/music-maker/?_oB=music-maker

(the sales rotate every few weeks, either slightly cheaper and fewer add-ons, or more add-ons)

• Like 1