Cakewalk Extremely Sluggish Editing

Wong Jian Ming

I've been tolerating this for quite awhile but it seems to get worse now.

I've recorded a video below that shows this sluggish behaviour when trying to do edits in Cakewalk, ie drum edits where there are alot of splitting and slip edits required.

The issue is that often these commands will take awhile to respond, for example when I inititate a split or slip edit, Cakewalk lags for 0.5 to 5 seconds before the command will take effect. The video will show exactly this.

I'm using a Ryzen 3600 computer with GTX2060 super, Cakewalk is running on 2021.6 build 58, all effects are in bypass except for the master bus limiter. This problem is often exacerbated when there are large number of clips, 

Is there anyway to make the performance faster and more responsive in cakewalk? it is extremely time consuming to do all these edits and Cakewalk is not helping by actually slowing down this process and causing me to edit much slower...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M65KDtlcUU4

On 8/12/2021 at 11:16 AM, Wong Jian Ming said:

I've been tolerating this for quite awhile but it seems to get worse now.

I've recorded a video below that shows this sluggish behaviour when trying to do edits in Cakewalk, ie drum edits where there are alot of splitting and slip edits required.

The issue is that often these commands will take awhile to respond, for example when I inititate a split or slip edit, Cakewalk lags for 0.5 to 5 seconds before the command will take effect. The video will show exactly this.

I'm using a Ryzen 3600 computer with GTX2060 super, Cakewalk is running on 2021.6 build 58, all effects are in bypass except for the master bus limiter. This problem is often exacerbated when there are large number of clips, 

Is there anyway to make the performance faster and more responsive in cakewalk? it is extremely time consuming to do all these edits and Cakewalk is not helping by actually slowing down this process and causing me to edit much slower...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M65KDtlcUU4

Can you share the project file in question for us to look into?

• Like 1

On 8/14/2021 at 11:24 AM, Noel Borthwick said:

Can you share the project file in question for us to look into?

Here's the project file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HM1azjGQFYUtYqifIdGKEwFL8QB05NVW/view?usp=sharing

It's 14mb so I've got to upload it to Google Drive.

I've tried DPC latency checker and my Nvidia drivers is causing some issues, but I'm not sure how does DPC latency checker actually affects this? I'm not trying to do any real-time monitoring or anything and am already running my buffer size at the largest possible.

37 minutes ago, Wong Jian Ming said:

I've tried DPC latency checker and my Nvidia drivers is causing some issues

i'd try to do updates until the DPC check comes back clean.

the video drivers, audio drivers, network drivers etc all can cause issues with latency.  also device specific drivers (Dell, HP - you know what i'm talking about) and finally OS updates. then a nice clean install of the CW software to ensure all the runtimes are at the right levels (i've found a few times the RT from other products and even the OS seem to overwrite with older or otherwise incompatible versions which then had to be reinstalled to get things working properly).