OTS Evolution Roundwound Bass

cclarry

We are proud to announce the release of Evolution Roundwound Bass, a vintage J-style electric bass equipped with roundwound strings for a bright, punchy tone.

The library was developed in collaboration with Rosewood Recording Company, one of Utah's most venerable recording studios. Guy Randle, the owner and recording engineer at Rosewood Recording Company, recorded bassist Bill Cushenberry for the sampling session.

Originally from Burbank, California, Bill's musical career started early and has taken him around the world and across the US. He has been a mainstay in the live gig and studio scene in the intermountain west for many years, including stints in both the Osmond Brothers and Donny and Marie bands. He plays an array of basses, but this particular bass has been his personal favorite for over forty years.

Evolution Roundwound Bass is normally $179 USD, but until April 17th you can pick up your copy at an introduction discount of $139.

Use the link below to watch more videos, listen to audio demos, and get all the tech specs.

MORE INFO

This is very nice, mute, fingered, pick, popped and slapped articulations are all available and you can easily setup your own velocity switch points. This is the only bass library I have that really seems to nail a "high up the neck" tone I am particularly fond of, this is controlled by the fretting position control.

There are plenty of presets and Greg has done a good job of getting some really nice tones form the Kontakt effects, of course you can also output clean to your favourite amp sim.

Edit - The above refers to the recently release flatwound precision bass for OTS, not this new J-Bass. DOH!

Edited by Glyn Barnes
  • Like 1

The samples sounded amazing on it's demo. Really much better then I would have imagined , it has  subtle dynamics that make me reach for a real bass  every time. For none bass players - I think this sets a new standard.

Edited by RBH