AIR plugins

MJG

Agreed, the Air installation is probably the worst of anything I have ever used. 

First you need to open a iLock account and download the app. open, log on and activate your computer. 

When you install the plug in you have to pay supper close attention to where stuff is going. And even that didn't work for me. 

I just checked and my Air stuff is in its own folder. LocalC/Program files(x86) Air Music Technology.  But that is just the content, the patches and samples. I could not get it to work when I directed the instal pth to my E drive. 

The dll files are in MY Steinberg   Program File (x86) folder. 

On 12/19/2020 at 12:24 PM, John Vere said:

The dll files are in MY Steinberg   Program File (x86) folder. 

I don't understand why some plug-in installers insist on creating a Steinberg folder, even though I don't have ANY Steinberg products installed. I have to check for that occasionally and ensure that any plug-ins located there are also in my 2 main VST Plugins folders. If not, I move them from Steinberg and then delete the Steinberg path.

I only use 2 plug-in scan paths in Cakewalk: "C:\Program Files\VstPlugIns" and "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\VstPlugins".

Every plug-in that I own is in one or the other of those folders. If it gets installed elsewhere on my system, I move it into one of those 2 folders. I reserve the Cakewalk\VstPlugins folder for those plug-ins published or supplied by a Cakewalk installer.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, abacab said:

I only use 2 plug-in scan paths in Cakewalk: "C:\Program Files\VstPlugIns" and "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\VstPlugins".

I have 6 or so. For whatever reason the CW scanner refuses to recognise some plugins in the regular locations, but move them to a new one and add that to the scan path and it finds them. No idea why. 

1 hour ago, paulo said:

I have 6 or so. For whatever reason the CW scanner refuses to recognise some plugins in the regular locations, but move them to a new one and add that to the scan path and it finds them. No idea why. 

Well, that's not how it's SUPPOSED to work. Tried a reset and re-scan yet?

21 minutes ago, abacab said:

Tried a reset and re-scan yet?

Did that many moons ago and all it achieved was to lose a load more and it took me hours just to get back to where I was before I started. Never again. It works the way it is now, so AFAIC it can stay that way until it's new pc time.

18 hours ago, paulo said:

Did that many moons ago and all it achieved was to lose a load more and it took me hours just to get back to where I was before I started. Never again. It works the way it is now, so AFAIC it can stay that way until it's new pc time.

Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing everything by Cakewalk and BandLab?

I use the Seinberg folder for all my 3rd party stuff  as they seem to want to be there, so why fight it. Like you I only use the Cakewalk VST folder for all the stuff that came with it. I put stuff I don't use anymore in the Steinberg (X86) folder just in case I want to use it again. It's mostly full of old 32 bit stuff. 

So all my paths are in the Program Files path. There's also a Common files/ VST3 folder and the VST folder which has a few that I guess I could move to the steinberg folder.   So I have only 4 paths. Not sure about moving the VST 3 stuff. it's kinda full! 

4 hours ago, abacab said:

Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing everything by Cakewalk and BandLab?

No. Not going to either. As I said, the workaround works so it's staying the way it is until new pc time. Just thought my workaround might help the OP if all else fails.

FWIW most of the time it's fine, but some it misses. OTOH Ujam, some NI and one of the AIR synths have been the problem children.