She's Right (About Everything)

Glenn Stanton

Glenn, you've written a good song that's fun to listen to.  The lyrics are catchy, and your vocal is pleasant.  There is a lot of texture to this song that catches the ears, which I like, but at times some of the parts sound like they're not quite part of the mix, in general.  IOW, this mix doesn't quite blend together as one; it's lacking some kind of "glue" that holds everything together.  For instance, the piano sticks out volume-wise and is somewhat staccato when it might make more sense played legato, but that's just my 2 cents worth.  All in all, this is a song waiting for a good mix that would make this stellar.

This one is worth more time in the mixing department! One might ask if the mix is too busy, too many parts at once, most of them trying to be up front?

I know about this question because I ask it about my own mixes all the time!

We all are somewhat held hostage by the depth and quality of our sound sources, so with understanding, if you were to substitute out one thing, you might look at the bass. Is it kind of a synth bass? It seems like the same volume all the time -  You might try something more dynamic and organic (real) - I think it would help your mix breathe a bit more? Just an idea.

I'd like to hear where this one ends up - nice one!

cheers,

-Tom

I like the story though I had trouble understanding some of the lyrics. Sounds like you used the same voc on three verses?
There are some timing issues but IDK could be deliberate which is okay. Just a couple of nits but overall impression to my ear is positive.

-Bjorn