Now have Kontakt/Reaktor 6 (free). Safe to remove 5?

Keni

I installed Komplete 6 free today.

I have a number of entries of Kontakt 5 Player and an entry for Reaktor 5 and I'm wondering if there is any value in keeping these. I have not used them in any songs.

Thanks...

I don't think there would be any problem with that. They don't take up much space, so I just left them. If you have any libraries that only work in v5 would be the only reason you would really need to keep the old version.

I have only the free versions. I believe they cannot load more library than they came with.

Correct me please if this is incorrect.

If they take that little space, I guess I could leave it but it's ugly in the lust consisting of multiple entries for various output quantities. I'm guessing 6 finally has a single version with all multi-out capabilities?

6 minutes ago, Keni said:

I have only the free versions. I believe they cannot load more library than they came with.

Correct me please if this is incorrect.

The free Kontakt Player version will load most any first party library sold by NI in their online shop.

There are also some commercial 3rd party libraries for sale that are licensed for the free Kontakt Player.

Edited by abacab

4 hours ago, abacab said:

The free Kontakt Player version will load most any first party library sold by NI in their online shop.

There are also some commercial 3rd party libraries for sale that are licensed for the free Kontakt Player.

Interesting. I didn't know that. I'll have to scrutize the libraries that interested me.

NI stopped making their B4 but have an organ module for kontakt. That interests me fast. I have the B4 but it's 32 bit...

i know there's another version of the B4 offerred by another developer too.

21 minutes ago, Keni said:

Interesting. I didn't know that. I'll have to scrutize the libraries that interested me.

NI stopped making their B4 but have an organ module for kontakt. That interests me fast. I have the B4 but it's 32 bit...

i know there's another version of the B4 offerred by another developer too.

I didn't mean to imply that Player would work with the older NI products. I was referring to the current lineup if NI instruments.

So you are probably good to go with anything on this list: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/?search=poweredbykontakt

For example, the NI "Vintage Organs" is Player compatible: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/keys/vintage-organs/

Edited by abacab