Sonikinetic 12 Days of X-Mas

cclarry

1 hour ago, Cecelius2 said:

Question for you guys who have purchased in previous seasons:   If an Sonikinetic product is on sale during the Black Friday sale, is it worth waiting for the 12 Days of Christmas to see if it will also be part of that sale? or is it best to purchase the product during the BF sale as they do not repeat products during the Christmas sale? 

I ask because I have not purchased from them in either the BF or the 12 Days of Christmas sales.  I have my eye on one of their products and definitely want to pick it up during a sale, but do not know how things have been done there in the past seasons.

Any advice?

C2

I actually don't remember them doing a bf sale before. I thought they only did the 12 days

Edited by TerraSin

Usually they price one, sometimes two, products for 50% off for Black Friday.  Last year it was Indie.  Year before was Mixamo and Grosso.  Then in Dec the 12 days sale starts, but it hasn't ever overlapped with the black Friday selection in any of the announcement emails I could find.  They also do a 50% off single products deal for The Solstice Sale.  And another 33% off sale a few other times during the year.  They are pretty consistent with the sales.  I think it's safe to say the Black Friday selection is a safe purchase.  Though this year may very well change things for a lot of companies.  Anytime they go above 50% it is a good deal (you'll most likely see a few 12 day products break 50%).

3 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Usually they price one, sometimes two, products for 50% off for Black Friday.  Last year it was Indie.  Year before was Mixamo and Grosso.  Then in Dec the 12 days sale starts, but it hasn't ever overlapped with the black Friday selection in any of the announcement emails I could find.  They also do a 50% off single products deal for The Solstice Sale.  And another 33% off sale a few other times during the year.  They are pretty consistent with the sales.  I think it's safe to say the Black Friday selection is a safe purchase.  Though this year may very well change things for a lot of companies.  Anytime they go above 50% it is a good deal (you'll most likely see a few 12 day products break 50%).

Yes.  Whatever goes on sale before the "12 Days" sale isn't included in the "12 Days" sale.  

This isn't always the case, but in general it has been my experience that the discounts tend to get larger on the big orchestral  libraries as the years go by.  So something might start out at 40% off and then 50% off then 60% off.   But not every library gets included each year.  

It is very smart to read the VI:Control post every day, because they pretty much tell you sometimes when there will be a freebie the next day.  Santa's coming, etc.

Here's the post on the sale from last year.

https://vi-control.net/community/threads/sonokinetic-12-days-of-christmas-day-12-mega-deal-tutti-vox-only-€75.87594/

Edited by Reid Rosefelt

4 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Yes.  Whatever goes on sale before the "12 Days" sale isn't included in the "12 Days" sale.  

This isn't always the case, but in general it has been my experience that the discounts tend to get larger on the big orchestral  libraries as the years go by.  So something might start out at 40% off and then 50% off then 60% off.   But not every library gets included each year.  

It is very smart to read the VI:Control post every day, because they pretty much tell you sometimes when there will be a freebie the next day.  Santa's coming, etc.

Here's the post on the sale from last year.

https://vi-control.net/community/threads/sonokinetic-12-days-of-christmas-day-12-mega-deal-tutti-vox-only-€75.87594/

Thanks Matthew and Reid.  Both of you have answered my question.  What you have said is what I suspected.   Your responses have helped.

I made an excel chart of all the "12 Days" deals fro 2013 to 2018.   I lost the charts but they are here .  It should give you a sense of the evolution of these deals and giveaways.  

https://vi-control.net/community/threads/what-are-you-hoping-for-in-sonokinetics-12-days-of-christmas-sale.87486/

I think it's a good bet that there will be two giveaways this year.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Thanks 1