Metric Halo Sale

cclarry

I've been eyeing the Character plugin for a while. At this price it's a great buy. BUT, I have already collected a bunch of saturation plugins. So my question is, has anyone compared it to other popular saturation plugins, e.g., Saturator X by IKM? Is it worth adding this plugin to collection?

3 hours ago, Soundwise said:

I've been eyeing the Character plugin for a while. At this price it's a great buy. BUT, I have already collected a bunch of saturation plugins. So my question is, has anyone compared it to other popular saturation plugins, e.g., Saturator X by IKM? Is it worth adding this plugin to collection?

Sorry I've never tried it but they do have a demo...
You can get demo for Metric Halo's bundle (which includes Character) at this link
https://mhsecure.com/DemoCentral/

Looks like sale runs till April 2nd.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Great Idea 1

15 hours ago, TheSteven said:

So did any of you fine characters bite on the aforementioned plugin?
Does it merit adding to the collection or it just covering the same turf on that well worn path?

Actually testing it since 5 min and i'm pretty surpîrsed by the quality , and color options , the other thiung that came to mind is the IK sat X or the softube Harmonics , boxes ....maybe add the RC 20 from xln audio ...

But the speed of getting a pleasnt sound is superb ... i tried versus another great box aka elysia karacter , and while i can get the color the transient response seems alsways teh same style in karacter while the metric halo has a preety unique to each style dynamic response /....

At least n, guyz try it ...for 29 $ it's Worth trying , for sure , now let's see if it's Worth buying versus what i have .