Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Vernon Barnes

Arturia Forum Catchpa Fest

Recommended Posts

This is ridiculous, Signing up required four different "I am not a robot" tests. Once signed up there are three tests to make a post. 

I have been trying to setup B-3 V2 in Studio One so I have a MIDI track for each manual and the pedals on channels 1,2 & 3, something that is easy in Cakewalk.  As other VSTis with multi channel inputs like Kontakt, Sample Tank, GSI VB3, Play etc. have a channel selector in the track header in Studio One and B-3 does not I think this is an Arturia issue. 

Looking at the general level of activity on the forum I am not holding my breath for an answer, the catchpas probably put everyone off.

Edited by Vernon Barnes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vernon, are you running in an incognito browser, or have a strict cookie policy? That might interfere with the Captchas. Or is it a rubbish test? I've had some that say something like click all the busses, but then give tiny dots in each square that might be a bus.

As for the B3, is there any advantage to having each manual and pedals on a separate MIDI channel? You can still have separate tracks in SO, but feed them all into the same channel. Unless I'm misunderstanding something, the separate MIDI channels in Kontakt/Sample Tank are necessary as each channel usually plays a different instrument, but in this case, each manual and the pedals all play the same instrument (i.e. the single B3) don't they?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, antler said:

Vernon, are you running in an incognito browser, or have a strict cookie policy? 

As for the B3, is there any advantage to having each manual and pedals on a separate MIDI channel? You can still have separate tracks in SO, but feed them all into the same channel. Unless I'm misunderstanding something, the separate MIDI channels in Kontakt/Sample Tank are necessary as each channel usually plays a different instrument, but in this case, each manual and the pedals all play the same instrument (i.e. the single B3) don't they?

Nothing out of the ordinary with my browser and the "catchpas" all worked and were presented straight away. First there was a field that must be blank, then a usual type these letters, then a 1+2  thing, the type on a missing word from attack decay ******* release.

On the B3, its ideal to have 3 channels for the upper  lower and pedals, each of which has a different tone. It can be set to use keyboard splits on a single channel but that is more limiting.

If one used separate instances the Leslie would not be in sync and the amp would not overdrive in the same way as it would not be receiving the sum of the three parts.

Edited by Vernon Barnes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, Glyn, the official Arturia forum is a complete pain in the backside and the last time I asked something about my Beatstep Pro I got zero response.

Unfortunately I can't help you with your B3 quandary.

cheers

andy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did get a prompt reply to my post which (umpteen catchpas later) simply verified the issue and suggested it was a VST3 problem (several other VST3 pluging do not have the issue.)

Anyway I have a workaround. If I load B-3 V2 in Komplete Kontrol I can create three tracks for Komplete Kontrol with the appropriate MIDI channels and it all works. This is the second time Komplet Kontrol has come to the rescue. I have problems syncing the strumming patterns on Orange Tree guitars in Kontakt, Greg at OTS is looking into it. I can only get it to work via Komplete Kontrol.

My other big Studio One MIDI frustration was  not being able to drag MIDI into EZBass or EZKeys.  A visit to the Toontrack forum confirmed this cannot be done and suggested workarounds. I think my workaround will be to use Cakewalk.

Edited by Vernon Barnes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a further reply clarifying. The issue is with the VST3 version of B-3 V2 only. It was suggested turning off Studio One VST3 support to force S1 to load VST2 plugs which I was reluctant to do. What I have done is move the VST3 DLL to new folder not in the S1 scan path. The VST2 version now loads and MIDI channels are selectable.

As I have projects in Cakewalk that use the VST3 version, I added the new folder to the Cakewalk scan path. All seems well.  I will have to remember to move things around after the next Arturia upgrade.  (hopefully that upgrade will address the issue.)

Its a bit of a lark for what is an occasionally used instrument, VB3 being my default Hammond, but one that has some nice extra features I like to use occasionally. I wanted to understand what was happening and if I was miss-using S1 somehow otherwise I may not have been quite so dogged in finding a solution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, synkrotron said:

I'm surprised that you were able to load a VST3 from the non-VST3 path... But, if it works, it works 🙂

 

I was not sure so I made the folder in the same common files folder as the VST3 plugins folder. It seems to work.  It will remain to be seen if issues arise. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...