Melda 30

cclarry

I'm not familiar with Melda's business model, but I like the (few) plugins I've tested from them. Any guess on whether it is likely we'll see a 50% off on everything soon? Searching through the forum I found a sale like that a year ago. 50% off plus the new customer discount over the range of their plugins would be quite tempting. 

Yep, what "scook" said. I picked up 1/2 off plugins over the years with the Eternal Madness Sales. Then during Black Friday (usually) they give 1/2 off everything, including bundles. That is a great way to pick up a bunch of them!  Last year was a special 10 years - I think (?) - sale during the summer too. If you don't own any, grab someone's referral code and get another 20% off whatever you're buying. Also sign up for the Newsletter for a 10 Euro credit...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mibby said:

Yep, what "scook" said. I picked up 1/2 off plugins over the years with the Eternal Madness Sales. Then during Black Friday (usually) they give 1/2 off everything, including bundles. That is a great way to pick up a bunch of them!  Last year was a special 10 years - I think (?) - sale during the summer too. If you don't own any, grab someone's referral code and get another 20% off whatever you're buying. Also sign up for the Newsletter for a 10 Euro credit...

1/2 off on bundles does sound good. How does the referral code work? I got one (from the forum) and it does work if I apply it in the cart, but I got the impression from previous posts that it only works once, for their new customers. Could you confirm this? It's the reason why I was thinking that it might be worth waiting for a more substantial purchase, before I jumped on the Melda train :)

4 minutes ago, fitzroy said:

it only works once, for their new customers

Confirmed. :)   Still, I got one of my best deals ever by "upgrading" to the Essentials bundle during a 1/2 off sale. I got like 4 new plugins for $9 or something crazy like that...   But if you're patient, 20% off is a good way to go too.  Melda is pretty generous with the credit they give you for your owned plugins on their upgrade prices also.  Occasionally, you can pick up a one-off exclusive deal from the discounters too for like $15 or $20.

BTW, MAutoAlign is 1/2 off now and is a really good one to pick up!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, scook said:

1 minute ago, scook said:

Another thing to consider -

All plug-ins and bundles offer free updates for life

If a plug-in is added to a bundle, owners of the bundle get the plug-in for free

Thanks, great info! I'll wait until their next big sale then (Black Friday, I guess). 

2 minutes ago, scook said:

All plug-ins and bundles offer free updates for life

If a plug-in is added to a bundle, owners of the bundle get the plug-in for free

+1!    Melda is great with updates and generous with new plugins too. 

7 minutes ago, scook said:

I bought what is now called the MTotalFXBundle years ago.  

I had an omg moment when I saw the list price for that bundle, until I realized that I spent more than that on plugins in less than a year, goddammit 😆😰

8 minutes ago, scook said:

I bought what is now called the MTotalFXBundle years ago.

I wish I'd had the foresight and the means to do that! What an insane value that would have been! 

The next one I'm eying is MSoundFactoryLE. I'm not much of a sound designer, but instruments have a definite appeal.  Plus, I don't own "Full Kontakt".  ;)

I bought a license for the free bundled and the Convolution reverb then decided to save for the bundle.

The list price in 2013 was about half was it is now. I paid ~$560 for the bundle. Every effect since then has been free.

The downside is the cost to upgrade to the new complete bundle. It is more than what I paid for the bundle I have

MCompleteBundle did not exist in 2013.

The drum synth was the only instrument at the time and it was sold separately. Bought Superior Drummer instead.

I tried MPowerSynth (IIRC, there was a public beta) and passed on it too.

Did pick up MSoundFactory when first released. Had a little referral money so got it pretty cheap.

May get MPowerSynth someday but most of it is in MSoundFactory.