June Computer Music

cclarry

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the heads up!!!

You and others probably know this, but maybe some don't.  Zino puts in an automatic payment well in advance of a subscriptions' end.  I put in a mini-subscription (3 months for $1.00) mid-April and downloaded and/or read part of the May issue. Yesterday, they took $35.99 + sales tax from me. (I thought I would have time to browse at least two issues first.)

I alerted my bill paying service to cancel automatic payments and requested a full refund and cancellation from Zinio.  Not sure if they will still let me have June and July for my $1.00.  I will try to download June now--just in case they will be taking those away when they get my request.

Lesson Learned: Cancel subscriptions I might not want immediately; if after the trial/teaser subscription I want to pay the full price, I can always sign up then.

UPDATE: Just got a reply: "Since you do not authorize this renewal we will refund this for you."  Evidently they didn't get they money yet, so they will be refunding it after they get it.  Again thanks for the heads up about the June issue!  

Edited by User 905133
to add an update

3 minutes ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

@User 905133 More than canceling, I'd suggest turning off autorenew as soon as you subscribe to something you're unsure of, and then turning it back on if you decide to keep the subscription after reading a couple of issues

The problem is you can't do that if you did the add 3 issue subscription on top of each other.   With a status of "pending" you can't turn it off.  You have to wait until it is active during that period to do so.    In a normal subscription scenario, yes, that is absolutely the route to take.

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 4