T-Racks updated to 5.3.0

cclarry

43 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

AmpliTube has an option stating "Don't want to see this message?" when you see the popup about gear you don't have....

Unfortunately, that's not enough. We should also have an option similar to "Filter presets by owned modules". I have AmpliTube with a couple of modules. Navigating the list of presets and constantly hitting presets I don't have the gear for is wasting my time. We don't want to see presets that will load incorrectly because we are missing some gear. Not showing the message is potentially even worse since we will be loading incomplete presets that will not sound as intended and we will not even know about it.

I love AmpliTube, but the preset browsing is a weak point that makes the experience of AmpliTube a lot less than it could be in my opinion. It is not that I don't want to see the message, it is that I don't want to see presets I don't have all the gear for, and there is no way do this presently.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jacques Boileau said:

Unfortunately, that's not enough. We should also have an option similar to "Filter presets by owned modules". I have AmpliTube with a couple of modules. Navigating the list of presets and constantly hitting presets I don't have the gear for is wasting my time. We don't want to see presets that will load incorrectly because we are missing some gear. Not showing the message is potentially even worse since we will be loading incomplete presets that will not sound as intended and we will not even know about it.

I love AmpliTube, but the preset browsing is a weak point that makes the experience of AmpliTube a lot less than it could be in my opinion. It is not that I don't want to see the message, it is that I don't want to see presets I don't have all the gear for, and there is no way do this presently.

I agree that we should have an option to 'filter presets by owned modules' as suggested by Jacques. This simple addition would seem to show that IKM does make substantial changes based on user feedback.  

On 2/20/2020 at 6:21 PM, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

All plugins are installed (and was based on user feedback) in order to allow easiest demoing and offline authorization.  

I did have to laugh at Peter's explanation that the design of AmpliTube  was 'based on user feedback.'  Which one user was that?   Perhaps there was a user feedback choice of 'barely tolerable' in the initial feedback surveys!  Almost 2 pages of 'user feedback,' and I haven't been convinced that any user liked the preset browser the way it is currently setup in AmpliTube.   Perhaps when the choices were more limited, the current preset browser may have been relatively easy to ignore.  Now, I find the browser a pain very darn near my sit bones.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3