UVI - 60% Off Relayer

cclarry

2 hours ago, locrian said:

I certainly don't need another delay, but watched the video out of curiosity. This is obviously more than just another delay.

Has this ever sold for less than $49?

Best price seen , this is one of the best delay around ... 

8 hours ago, locrian said:

I certainly don't need another delay, but watched the video out of curiosity. This is obviously more than just another delay.

Has this ever sold for less than $49?

That made me want to buy it too, and I have delays out the wazoo as well!  If you want to sell anything - have Dan Worrall do the video for you...

3 hours ago, mibby said:

That made me want to buy it too, and I have delays out the wazoo as well!  If you want to sell anything - have Dan Worrall do the video for you...

The Dan Worrall videos are very compelling; there's something about his voice that really enhances a plugin. I guess that's why there are so many of his videos out there.

He's like that movie trailer guy: "In a small town (bang!) ... lived a man (bang bang!) ... with a dark secret (bang bang bang!) ...

I picked this up and it's a lot a fun with a ton of presets.  This plugin has a lot of depth to it.  Haven't played with enough to know if it'll end up as one of my favorites but that I'm not bored with it after spending over a half hour spelunking presets is promising.

Looks like video was made with an earlier version of the plugin as the current version has some added features - the Feedback tab is now the FDBK/DYN tab with Input Gate and Ducker controls.

My main critique (minor) is that it lacks an input gain control - some of the presets overload when feed a hot signal.
Yes you can work around that by twiddling effect gain levels & dry output but if you've already saved your perfect settings you're now altering the recipe.
But like I previously mentioned this is minor as you can handle this by dropping in something like one of BlueCat's freebie Gain plugins
https://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/Product_GainSuite/  before Relayer.

Edited by TheSteven

10 hours ago, locrian said:

The Dan Worrall videos are very compelling; there's something about his voice that really enhances a plugin. I guess that's why there are so many of his videos out there.

He's like that movie trailer guy: "In a small town (bang!) ... lived a man (bang bang!) ... with a dark secret (bang bang bang!) ...

For non native speaking english , his delivery is like he got a train to catch , to much informaton condensed in videos .... it s top quality but i tend to skip now ... again top quality stuff but for exemple , the guy from mixbus , is more pedagogical and takes his time ...

Definitely different styles, but I've learned a lot from both of them.

There are so many really talented folks putting out how-to videos today that you could spend your entire day just learning.  So my strategy is to watch one in the morning and then put the new info to work in one of my mixes before it's lost.

It's hard to believe that I once made music with just a 4-track Tascam Porta One and no Internet. How primitive!