Files before 2012 open with empty ProChannel in Sonar and CbB

What I normally do with these:

1. Create a new project based on the Basic template
2. Navigate to your old project folder in the browser
3. Drag the project from the browser to a blank space in the track view
4. Delete the two tracks (Audio / Midi) that were created as part of the template.

This ensures all imported audio tracks are created with a Pro Channel.

HI:)

@xoo

I find msmcleods method the faster one, but thank you for answering anyway;)

Ctrl-Click PC works and it opens all PCs, but inserting with Ctrl doesn't work, so it would be very timeconsuming inserting Plugs into many tracks!

Greetz;)

Bassman.

I find the ctrl-insert unpredictable to be honest (not just with Quad EQ): sometimes it's fine, other times, I get some of the tracks with the new module but not all and I've never managed to work out why.

To answer the OP, Sonar X1 is 1st version with ProChannel in late 2011.

However, I just opened a 2008 .wrk file in CbB and it opened with basic PC modules.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Same for me . It was a few years ago I did this but I found a hard drive that had some really old backups that must have been from 2008 or so. This would have been 8.5 and a Tascam us1641

There were some important songs on there from a live band recording I had totally forgotten  about.
I was impressed that they loaded up normally and played with out a hitch. 
Back in those days I only used The plug ins that came with Sonar 8.5. I didn’t know about freebies yet. So the Sonitus EQ was used. So I hadn’t used the Pro Channel on these. 
But the pro channel was definitely there because I immediately applied the PC EQ and PCCA to a lot of tracks and removed all the Sonitus stuff. 

As I remember I had to pick the PC EQ from the insert list because the pro channel was blank, no big deal. Really just an extra step. 

Edited by John Vere