Perfect Space clicks and pops on new Sonar

Perfect Space clicks and pops on new Sonar on a mix I had ported from Cbb. I had been using it often because the Classic Lexicon Dark plate was a fav.

I have thrown the impulse onto Pro R2.

I think I'll be fine with that going forward, but curious if anyone else had seen that behaviour?

PerfectSpace is 32 bit, which is probably the issue. 

Sonar's BitBridge was originally included to ease the migration to 64 bit while the majority of plugins were still 32 bit.  It's very naïve in its implementation, being (a) based on Windows XP technology and (b) only doing a simple pass-through of the VST commands.

I use the JBridge wrapper for pretty much all of my 32 bit plugins to avoid these sorts of issue. If you've got JBridge installed, just check "Load using jBridge wrapper" in the plugin properties.  For plugins that are already using BitBridge, the properties can be accessed via "Cakewalk Plugin Manager" in the Utilities menu.

After trying a couple new verbs (Like Pro R and Valhalla) I reloaded Perfect Space and it was fine. Still blew away the others.

Even with Pro R able to emulate the Classic Lexicon from PS IR I just could not dial in a sound I was as happy with

Hi Scott,

you could also try Rematrix in the ProChannel. You should be able to load the same IR files that you use with Perfect Space....

I didn't tried but the result should (or could) be the same...

(maybe I'm wrong , anyway)...

Regards,

Giorgio

On 5/7/2024 at 12:07 AM, Scott C. Stahl said:

After trying a couple new verbs (Like Pro R and Valhalla) I reloaded Perfect Space and it was fine. Still blew away the others.

Even with Pro R able to emulate the Classic Lexicon from PS IR I just could not dial in a sound I was as happy with

Try this for free and load your same IR files from perfect space

https://www.meldaproduction.com/MConvolutionEZ

I've found it runs more efficiently than other on the market

• Great Idea 1