[SOLVED] Piano Roll View not opening

It's been a while since I've used Cakewalk.
Today I went to open a project, performed the requested update (it was version 2024.02 build 098 64 bits), and I can no longer open Piano Roll.
I created a project from scratch, opened a new midi track and the PRV still doesn't open.
Neither by double-clicking on the midi clip, nor via the menu, PRV does not open, nor does it appear in the list of open windows, nor in the dock.
Below is a video to show this:

Edited by Rogério

Posted (edited)

Found it, set to "None" (it changes it to "workspace") but sill can't open PRV. 

Also tested with other perspective views (advanced, arranger, etc.) and none of them can open PRV

Edited by Rogério

IIRC; there are "Workspace Options" on the context menu... that allows inclusion/exclusion of certain modules & windows. Check there. PRV may be turned off.

[EDIT]

With a project open, go to the "Workspace" drop down menu, select "Manage Workspaces", in the "Show in GUI" box, expand "Views", and make sure that PRV is checked.

Untitled.png.3345eeb928f6e57ed3594281dda12e1b.png

Over the years, upon an update, I've found that sometimes things get reset in a strange way. Not a bug.

Edited by OutrageProductions

3 hours ago, OutrageProductions said:

Are you using only one active monitor?

This was the problem.
I have multiple monitors and for some reason the PRV was opening on the monitor that was turned off.
I found the PRV open there, manually pushed it to the main monitor and saved the project and now it's working.
Too bad Cakewalk doesn't have an easier option to fix this.
Thanks.

• Rogério changed the title to [SOLVED] Piano Roll View not opening
5 hours ago, Rogério said:

Too bad Cakewalk doesn't have an easier option to fix this.

I have quad monitors and know that I have to be smarter than the computer. It's not the job of the application to do your housekeeping work for you.

Edited by OutrageProductions
  • Like 1