Out now: World Percussion 3.0 by Evolution Series!

cclarry

$59.50 for each region, mind you, so really $300. Free upgrade for World Percussion 2.0 owners, but they've moved the tuned percussion to a new library called World Percussion Tuned. In return, a bunch of newly recorded untuned stuff has secretly been added to the regular libraries.

• Like 3

Downside is Kontakt 7 player.  I still use 6 because it's easy on the eyes.

Downside - no direct download and you have to trust a working Native Asshat to download it.  I had success (knock on wood)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/24/2024 at 10:03 AM, kitekrazy said:

Downside is Kontakt 7 player.  I still use 6 because it's easy on the eyes.

Downside - no direct download and you have to trust a working Native Asshat to download it.  I had success (knock on wood)

Kontakt 7's new browser & preview makes it a must use. I can't imagine going back to K6, especially when having tons of boutique libraries. That preview feature is a god send especially when having most of collector's edition installed and almost 4TB of 3rd party libraries.

I've found so many incredible sounds I would never have found or used (without literally loading every single preset in every library and auditioning everything). Now I can just type "female vocal staccato" or "taurus bass pedal" or "taiko" or whatever, and the browser will show me every articulation / preset in every library (3rd party or Komplete) that matches that description and an instant audio preview before loading it (for most libraries), and just double click and it loads. Also great for quickly comparing similar instruments across multiple libraries before making a decision to load something.

Going back to Kontakt 6? Not a chance. The UI changes are hardly interesting. I still use Kontakt 6 for legacy projects and there is no way those UI differences are a deal breaker unless you're absurdly *****. They are basically identical except the browser. (FYI, just adjust preferences in K7 to look and behave exactly like K6) - except K7 blows K6 out of the water on a 4K monitor. 

Edited by Carl Ewing
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

These load slow....verified by the developer.   Some of these come with grooves which I don't think existed in the older versions.

I have Europe and Asia

Tempted to buy another one of these not named harp

Who has some of the others -

12 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

These load slow....verified by the developer.   Some of these come with grooves which I don't think existed in the older versions.

I have Europe and Asia

Tempted to buy another one of these not named harp

Who has some of the others -

I own WP Core so all of the continent ones and it's my most used library. Literally in every track. Absolutely phenomenal libraries. Asia and Africa for the most part. Don’t care for Europe much.

8 minutes ago, jngnz said:

I own WP Core so all of the continent ones and it's my most used library. Literally in every track. Absolutely phenomenal libraries. Asia and Africa for the most part. Don’t care for Europe much.

Thinking of only getting one. Choices are Africa or South America.

Europe doesn't have any grooves nor rolls.