LFO as audio

I have a plugin which has a side-chain designed for a CV-style input - ie. way below audio frequency.

Any idea for a plugin that can act as an LFO or where you can output its LFO through its audio output?  Ideally, one that can send different signals to the left and right outputs.

Free is good :-)

Melda's MOscillator will generate waves of any frequency - e.g. a sine wave at 5Hz or something.  That could easily drive a side-chain. It's an effects plugin (rather than an instrument), and it's free.

For separate left / right signals you may need to put them on separate tracks, output to an aux, then use the aux output for your side chain input.

• Great Idea 1

6 hours ago, Xoo said:

Unfortunately MOscillator seems to have a lower limit of about 20Hz, which is too high.

The Pitch knob can be turned down to -24 (2 octaves), which will bring that down to 5Hz.

I was actually using the MOscillator to test the Concrete Limiter. It’s interesting when you team it up with the MAnalyzer and test stuff. 
Even with headphones on I couldn’t hear the C1 35 hz but it was putting out 0 db . 

On 4/9/2024 at 12:51 PM, Xoo said:

I have a plugin which has a side-chain designed for a CV-style input - ie. way below audio frequency.

Any idea for a plugin that can act as an LFO or where you can output its LFO through its audio output?  Ideally, one that can send different signals to the left and right outputs.

Free is good 🙂

What is the plugin you're trying to modulate?

One possibility is to use a drum machine plug-in and send its kick to your plug-in's sidechain input. That's the traditional way to do this sort of thing anyway.

Also, there's Cherry Audio's Voltage Modular synth, and by its nature, it includes LFO modules. The Nucleus version is free from Plugin Boutique:

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/1-Instruments/4-Synth/5594-Voltage-Modular-Nucleus