Upgraded to Sonar...now VST scan hangs?!?!?!?

Upgraded this to the latest release this morning, Sonar hung on it's initial VST scan of which I canceled. Rerunning it again it states "Scanning..." and seems to be taking forever. CbB it now doing the same in it's scan. Some plugins seem to be picked up (when I cancel the scan I can see the new installed plugins) but I'm no longer getting that final Summery popup. Any ideas?

I'd guess one of two things:

1. You might have added some folders into your VST Scan Paths that shouldn't be there . A picture of Edit > Preferences > File > VST Settings might help.
  2. Or, you might have added some non-plugin dll file into one of your valid scan paths.
  • Like 3

Is there any way to see either in real time what plug-in it's scanning or a list of where it "stops"?

It just states "Scanning..." which doesn't help me drill down any further. Again...nothing new was installed outside of the new version of Sonar so not sure why it's quasi hanging/stalling now where CbB didn't prior to the Sonar installation.

Does that display it in real time to catch what it's hanging up on? Or only when it completes. Because it's not completing the scan when it displays how many plug-ins in total, how many new, how many removed. And YET, when it hangs on "Scanning..."...if I shut down Cakewalk or Sonar, then reopen, it seems the new plug-ins are there (as best I can see.)

So weird...

Ok...gave that a shot. According to the file it completed the scan though the little pop up window in Cakewalk never shows that. I guess I'll just ignore it for now as it seems to be working (not working lol).