Recommendations on an MP4 player that can slow down videos and do a better job than VLC?

Recommendations on an MP4 player that can slow down videos and do a better job than VLC?
Trying to pick apart some blazing guitar riffs..
Yeah I know, by the nature of the beast there are issues when downsampling but VLC audio sucks at slower speeds (lack of definition, noise, artifacts) thinking that there's got to be something better out there.
Not interested in solutions that ditch the video portion.

Edited by TheSteven

4 hours ago, TheSteven said:

I just downloaded and am demoing Transcribe by SeventhString (saw a recommendation for it handling audio files on Reddit).
Didn't know it handled MP4's but it does and does a better job at 33% than VLC (at least on the particular video I chose at random).
Still playing with it... 

Transcribe is my go to desert island music learning app . If I only had to have one app to rule them all it would be transcribe 🙂

Kenny

• Like 1

With Transcribe not only can you speed up , slow down and transpose your material an octave higher or lower with musical accuracy.

You can adjust the E Q to filter out the unwanted frequency's that mask the material you are looking to place under the musical microscope .

If that and looping is not enough , you can also loop many of the instruction videos that are out there depending on format and view what the musician is playing at a speed  where you can see exactly what is going on the guitar or keyboard ...

I like to create 3 different speeds of a section of music I'm working on and export them one at a time and make a song / lick practice session where I can recombine them as one wave file or video to make an individual study of what whatever material I am working on ..

Act Now ! Our operators are standing by  , when you become  one of the next 500 callers we will inform you of the art of sampling music in Transcribe. This hidden aspect of our application features the ability of Transcribe  to export within a range of 24 semitones while you have Cakewalk open and running  . Your Cakewalk Audio folder will thank me later!   😉

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz