The Compilation by SONiVOX $39 @ APD

Kirean

+ TACO10 for 10 percent off (today only)

https://audioplugin.deals/product/the-compilation-by-sonivox/

The Compilation includes the following instruments:

• Atsia Percussion: A collection of authentic African percussion instruments, such as djembes, dununs, bells, and shakers.
  • Blue Jay Drums: A high-quality drum kit recorded at the legendary Blue Jay Studios, featuring 3 snares, 3 sets of toms, 4 kick drums, and a wide selection of cymbals and percussion.
  • Bright Electric Guitar: A versatile electric guitar instrument that can play clean, crunchy, or distorted tones, with built-in effects and amp simulations.
  • Classic Bass: A realistic and expressive bass guitar instrument that can play fingered, picked, or slapped styles, with a choice of 4 classic basses and a range of articulations.
  • FM Piano: A faithful recreation of the classic FM synthesis sound of the 80s, featuring 12 FM pianos with different timbres and character.
  • Harmonica: A chromatic harmonica instrument that can play blues, folk, rock, or pop styles, with a variety of playing techniques and effects.
  • Harpsichord: A historical keyboard instrument that can add a touch of elegance and sophistication to your music, featuring 2 harpsichords with different tonal qualities and tuning options.
  • Session Drums 1: A premium acoustic drum kit recorded in a world-class studio, featuring 10 drum kits with different sounds and styles, and over 400 MIDI grooves to inspire your drum tracks.
  • Silk Road Percussion: A collection of rare and exotic percussion instruments from the Middle East, India, and China, such as tablas, gongs, bells, and cymbals.
  • Taylor Acoustic Guitar: A beautiful and expressive acoustic guitar instrument that can play fingerstyle, strummed, or picked styles, with a choice of 6 guitars and a range of articulations.
Edited by Kirean
  • Like 1

• Kirean changed the title to The Compilation by SONiVOX $39 @ APD
20 minutes ago, Kirean said:

+ TACO10 for 10 percent off (today only)

https://audioplugin.deals/product/the-compilation-by-sonivox/

The Compilation includes the following instruments:

• Atsia Percussion: A collection of authentic African percussion instruments, such as djembes, dununs, bells, and shakers.
  • Blue Jay Drums: A high-quality drum kit recorded at the legendary Blue Jay Studios, featuring 3 snares, 3 sets of toms, 4 kick drums, and a wide selection of cymbals and percussion.
  • Bright Electric Guitar: A versatile electric guitar instrument that can play clean, crunchy, or distorted tones, with built-in effects and amp simulations.
  • Classic Bass: A realistic and expressive bass guitar instrument that can play fingered, picked, or slapped styles, with a choice of 4 classic basses and a range of articulations.
  • FM Piano: A faithful recreation of the classic FM synthesis sound of the 80s, featuring 12 FM pianos with different timbres and character.
  • Harmonica: A chromatic harmonica instrument that can play blues, folk, rock, or pop styles, with a variety of playing techniques and effects.
  • Harpsichord: A historical keyboard instrument that can add a touch of elegance and sophistication to your music, featuring 2 harpsichords with different tonal qualities and tuning options.
  • Session Drums 1: A premium acoustic drum kit recorded in a world-class studio, featuring 10 drum kits with different sounds and styles, and over 400 MIDI grooves to inspire your drum tracks.
  • Silk Road Percussion: A collection of rare and exotic percussion instruments from the Middle East, India, and China, such as tablas, gongs, bells, and cymbals.
  • Taylor Acoustic Guitar: A beautiful and expressive acoustic guitar instrument that can play fingerstyle, strummed, or picked styles, with a choice of 6 guitars and a range of articulations.

I have some of those libraries on CDs somewhere that I bought long, long ago. These libraries were literally created in the 1990s by a company called Sonic Implants. I really loved Blue Jay Drums back then, but we are light years beyond that quality level today and you can easily find vastly superior sample libraries for free from Native Instruments, KONTAKT developers, SoundPaint, Spitfire, VSL,  etc. If this was a small developer I'd never be this blunt, but this is InMusic, one of the biggest players in the industry -- and company that serially buys and neglects old software (and hardware) brands as cash cows and neglects them, or has even made them worse (I saw that from first hand experience from owning AIR and other plugins that had major, show stopping problems after InMusic bought them and proceeded to make their software buggy, unstable, or completely unusable; BFD has been so neglected since InMusic bought them that they've been on version 3 for more than 10 yrs and have had major issues with stability that the development team has publicly acknowledge, that's made the plugin unusable for many users; even satisfied users don't have delusions that the plugin has stayed up with competitors; so yeah, I'm not a big fan of InMusic's software). 

So, to anyone considering this, I'm posting this as a public service. I think it's at least 15 years PAST the time that these libraries should have been retired, They're simply relics of the past that aren't anywhere near today's standards.  I'm sure if you could find an old copy of the original Cakewalk forum -- and KVR -- you could find a posts from me recommending some of these libraries. But today, even selling them for 5 bucks seems questionable. It's like selling AOL dial up Internet service circa 1995 against free fiber internet service. I don't believe an informed consumer would blow 39 bucks on this. Spending 39 bucks on actual tacos would be a far superior use of that money. Then go check out the free alternatives that are far superior.  I created a couple of threads in this forum with my top choices of high quality free libraries.  Anyhow, that's my take. If this was 1999, this would be a worthwhile deal, but not in 2024. Not even in 2014. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

I have some of those libraries on CDs somewhere that I bought long, long ago. These libraries were literally created in the 1990s by a company called Sonic Implants. I really loved Blue Jay Drums back then, but we are light years beyond that quality level today and you can easily find vastly superior sample libraries for free from Native Instruments, KONTAKT developers, SoundPaint, Spitfire, VSL,  etc. If this was a small developer I'd never be this blunt, but this is InMusic, one of the biggest players in the industry -- and company that serially buys and neglects old software (and hardware) brands as cash cows and neglects them, or has even made them worse (I saw that from first hand experience from owning AIR and other plugins that had major, show stopping problems after InMusic bought them and proceeded to make their software buggy, unstable, or completely unusable; BFD has been so neglected since InMusic bought them that they've been on version 3 for more than 10 yrs and have had major issues with stability that the development team has publicly acknowledge, that's made the plugin unusable for many users; even satisfied users don't have delusions that the plugin has stayed up with competitors; so yeah, I'm not a big fan of InMusic's software). 

So, to anyone considering this, I'm posting this as a public service. I think it's at least 15 years PAST the time that these libraries should have been retired, They're simply relics of the past that aren't anywhere near today's standards.  I'm sure if you could find an old copy of the original Cakewalk forum -- and KVR -- you could find a posts from me recommending some of these libraries. But today, even selling them for 5 bucks seems questionable. It's like selling AOL dial up Internet service circa 1995 against free fiber internet service. I don't believe an informed consumer would blow 39 bucks on this. Spending 39 bucks on actual tacos would be a far superior use of that money. Then go check out the free alternatives that are far superior.  I created a couple of threads in this forum with my top choices of high quality free libraries.  Anyhow, that's my take. If this was 1999, this would be a worthwhile deal, but not in 2024. Not even in 2014. 

I'm pretty sure the orchestra sounds in Live Suite are from Sonic Implants.  They aren't that great in Live.

Sonic Implant was real high end libraries back in the Gigastudio days.

9 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

I'm pretty sure the orchestra sounds in Live Suite are from Sonic Implants.  They aren't that great in Live.

Sonic Implant was real high end libraries back in the Gigastudio days.

I was trying to remember the name of the big sampler back then -- Gigasampler! Thanks, kitekrazy.  A trip down memory lane. I just want to give a heads up to our fellow forum members so they don't spend their hard earned money on libraries older than artists on the modern pop charts. Hey, buying vintage physical gear like guitars, drums, synths, effects can be awesome.  Sample libraries of guitar, drums and keys from the 90s that were going after realism do not hold up well. I imagine some of the synth ones would still be okay, but not for guitar,  piano, bass, drums, harmonica... 

4 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

I was trying to remember the name of the big sampler back then -- Gigasampler! Thanks, kitekrazy.  A trip down memory lane. I just want to give a heads up to our fellow forum members so they don't spend their hard earned money on libraries older than artists on the modern pop charts. Hey, buying vintage physical gear like guitars, drums, synths, effects can be awesome.  Sample libraries of guitar, drums and keys from the 90s that were going after realism do not hold up well. I imagine some of the synth ones would still be okay, but not for guitar,  piano, bass, drums, harmonica... 

Sonic Implants and Sonivox are the same brand.   The old Sonivox libraries are part of Air.   They still sound fine but the rompler is outdated.

35 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Sonic Implants and Sonivox are the same brand.   The old Sonivox libraries are part of Air.   They still sound fine but the rompler is outdated.

Yep, that is exactly what I wrote in my earlier post. These were originally in the Gigasampler and Sounddfont formats back in the 90s when they were released under the Sonic Implants name (Sonic Implants later changed their name to Sonivox and were acquired by InMusic, who put the samples into proprietary plugins). But my main point is that these sample library are very, very old and don't really stand up to modern sample libraries. Perhaps you could get away with synth sample libraries from the 90s today, but not sampled acoustic instruments. Even the free sample libraries KONTAKT developers are giving away free these days are far more sophisticated than these ancient relics. I loved Blue Jay Drums back in the 90s, but it's not even a match for any free drum library from a top tier sample developer let alone the paid drum libraries.  I'm not crazy about BFD Player, but it's far more advanced than these old drum libraries. You can add Steven Slate Drums Free to that list too. It's incredibly beyond these drum libraries in terms of realism due to the velocity layers, scripting, round robins, mixing capabilities, etc. Same with various free guitar, harpsicord, bass and other libraries. I maintain a list of freebies in this forum.  I invite anyone considering this deal to check that list out first before spending 39 bucks on sample libraries from the 1990s that should have been retired decades ago. 

• Thanks 1