How can I activate my Sonar 8 and 8.5 installations these days?

Hi All. looking for some help from anyone who's been through this process. 

I'm unable to activate my Sonar8  installation.  and like wise i cant activate my 8.5 installation as I cannot access my cakewalks account to get the activation code, and the registration codes. 

I have hundreds of .cwb files heavily dependent on plugins and soft synths that shipped with these two versions.

Any help is appreciated, a support phone number would be especially appreciated. 

Thanks in advance.  

Those .cwb files can be opened on newer versions, you can copy them to your working folder if you like.
If I remember correctly, there should be a folder in the Sonar installation disk for the plugins/soft synths.
You could try to install them from those folders without installing Sonar 8.5

Edited by Anders Madsen

Generally there’s only a few plug ins I install from 8.5. True Pianos, Lexicon reverb and Session Drummer?  
Then I can use the Command Center to get the rest. 
Everything else came with all the newer versions including CBC. 

Im not sure if 8 had anything that 8.5 didn’t have. The serial numbers came on the DVD and I ripped the DVD into a disk image and I have a document with all my serial numbers stored in a dozen places. 
But Bandlab has been really good about helping people access their legacy products even though they most certainly don’t have to. 
Back it up and write down those numbers. Only a fool would depend on a 8 year old dead web site for important information. 

Edited by John Vere

7 hours ago, John Vere said:

Im not sure if 8 had anything that 8.5 didn’t have. The serial numbers came on the DVD and I ripped the DVD into a disk image and I have a document with all my serial numbers stored in a dozen places. 

I can answer that. 8 didn't ship with anything that was not included with 8.5

• Like 1

I also have always had to install 8.5 off the DVD just to get Lexicon reverb for older project compatibility. As I recall, there was no online "activation" for that version - you just had to have your serial number and reg code written down (there was a sticker on the disc sleeve to do that). You might have to launch the app in Admin mode for it to work, I remember that was an issue for Dim Pro and/or Rapture as well.

• Like 1

Funny I put the Lexicon reverb in retirement a few years ago thinking it was old and defunct. I’ve been using a few others like the Acon Verberate. I just loaded an older project which used the Lexicon and realized how much better it sounds to me. So it’s back and getting used again. 

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

On 2/24/2024 at 8:09 AM, John Vere said:

Funny I put the Lexicon reverb in retirement a few years ago thinking it was old and defunct. I’ve been using a few others like the Acon Verberate. I just loaded an older project which used the Lexicon and realized how much better it sounds to me. So it’s back and getting used again. 

Interesting :>) 'Old user here, haven't heard it in a long while but had some nice things about it. Used to use it fairly often.

• Like 1