Soundcloud wants to force me into using a F2A app I dont want just to sign in.

21 minutes ago, Shane_B. said:

I got a message from Google a few weeks ago the my forum credentials were compromised and I changed my passwords immediately.

Yes, they always tell you that right after the key-logger is installed. 😁

8 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

Irt my password from here being put out on the net

My password for this site was stolen once....

A few days later they sent it back to me with a note saying that as they had since wasted several hours of their lives sifting through endless amounts of bollocks they were giving it back to me as a punishment.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

I got a message from Google a few weeks ago the my forum credentials were compromised and I changed my passwords immediately.

The 2 factor and the authorization thing isn't as bad as it seems. There's an official Google Authemticstor app that is used to do the authentication if I remember correctly. I had to use it once or twice. There's the initial setup then I never had to do it again. I can't even remember what I had to use it for to be honest. 

Irt my password from here being put out on the net, if you save your passwords in Chrome they are checked regularly. I think how it works is, if you use the Google Authenticator the password can't be changed unless it's done from the location the Authenticator was installed. It's been a long time since I did it but I think that's how it works.

IMO I think it's a good thing. I always have everything set to send me a code on my cell if there is a login from anything other than my cell or PC. Edit: let me rephrase and say that everything that has the security option to send a code. Not everything does.

Same. I know I do have the Google one because I see it in my apps but I don't think I ever had to use it after the initial setup. That may have been fro my previous job, where they used the Google suite.

I also have the Microsoft one because it's mandatory at work and also because someone managed to steal my hotmail credentials in 2019. I remember the first time I looked at the log of failed login attempts. I was a little shocked, although I really shouldn't have been.

I still see 20-some attempts on any given day. 

ScreenShot2024-02-20at7_28_08PM.thumb.png.0a2ea3ff338236eba40e760fbaf2a42c.png

If tapping on a number to confirm my identity on my cell phone can make things a little safer, I don't mind. 

• Sad 1