Landr Mastering Plugin for $225

cclarry

• cclarry changed the title to Landr Mastering Plugin for $225

Would anyone spend $300 for this?

How is $225 a “deal”?

Didn’t they have an online “mastering” thing for awhile? Did anyone actually think it “improved” the songs they uploaded?

Really?

A hard “pass” here. 
why did I bother commenting?…

t

• Like 4

Thinking about it, they may have actually developed a great mastering tool. After all, unlike iZotope, Landr have required people to upload their music to their site for mastering and they also have been releasing the music. This means, they might have some deep learning embedded into the tool that can tell what works (distribution stats tracking what gets the most plays) and what doesn't (my distribution stats, for instance).

With all the material uploaded to Landr, they will have had a huge archive for machine learning. I don't know if iZotope do this as their mastering is offline and not directly linked to distribution.

Just a thought.

Edited by 53mph
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, 53mph said:

Thinking about it, they may have actually developed a great mastering tool. After all, unlike iZotope, Landr have required people to upload their music to their site for mastering and they also have been releasing the music. This means, they might have some deep learning embedded into the tool that can tell what works (distribution stats tracking what gets the most plays) and what doesn't (my distribution stats, for instance).

With all the material uploaded to Landr, they will have had a huge archive for machine learning. I don't know if iZotope do this as their mastering is offline and not directly linked to distribution.

Just a thought.

That's an interesting point.  About a year ago I tried a demo of their service and it sounded slightly better than the masters I do myself, but there was not enough difference to jump in with them.  However, if you're right I'd certainly be interested in trying them again.

• Like 1