Full Tonocracy is now FREE

Marc Cormier

6 hours ago, 53mph said:

That review reads like a ChatGPT response.

So many on-line blogs are full of reviews like this these days. They tell you nothing with lots of words.

I wrote this and it isn't AI, it is also not a review. Just a news article on my blog. When I do write reviews, they are marked 'review' in the article.

Review Example

Review Example 

Edited by GuitarBomb

1 hour ago, Marc Cormier said:

I've used it for a couple of hours and it's interesting as an option.  I have a load of DynIRs that I used with WoS a few years ago so having those options makes all the difference; the stock cab options are limited.  The modeling is OK - nothing that would replace my NDSP or Mercuriall plugins but I haven't tested all the amp heads.  I like the workflow - a lot - and the assortment of plugins do the job.

I complain about Amproom CPU on a daily basis, but this one takes the cake.  If I were to use it in a session, I'd be constantly printing audio so I could disable the plugin and free up CPU.  Apparently, they're working on resolving that.

All in all, it's not going to replace my daily plugins but it's the first time I've messed with NAM profiles which you can load directly in the plugin.  Haven't spent a ton of time with that part of the rig but if they sounded anywhere near TONEX models, I'd use Genome in a heartbeat.  TONEX is just too much of a rabbit hole for me, and the UX isn't my cuppa.

Are you talking about Genome and not Tonocracy?

3 hours ago, GuitarBomb said:

I wrote this and it isn't AI, it is also not a review. Just a news article on my blog. When I do write reviews, they are marked 'review' in the article.

Review Example

Review Example 

I apologize for my insinuation. Good to know that there is a human being behind the review. 

Edited by 53mph
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ALC said:

Are you talking about Genome and not Tonocracy?

Yeah, sorry—someone asked if there was feedback for it and I clearly posted a response in the wrong thread.  I really should just carry on working.  Thank you.

3 hours ago, Marc Cormier said:

Yeah, sorry—someone asked if there was feedback for it and I clearly posted a response in the wrong thread.  I really should just carry on working.  Thank you.

No worries.  I've done the same before on my phone, not seeing the thread title.

• Like 1