YouTube copyright claim

X-53mph

• 3 weeks later...

Update to the copyright debacle:

After nearly 30 days I got contacted by Landr (who I use to release my music) informing me that the copyright claim is because FUGA is the collection agency they use.  This is on the one hand good news because it means it wasn't a random scammer. On the other hand, it's not great because I could find no mention of this partnership on Landr's website when it first happened to me, hence my concern. However, there is now an article on their blog site answering this question posted 19 days ago: https://support.landr.com/hc/en-us/articles/15442436320791-Why-is-FUGA-claiming-my-tracks-on-YouTube

I cannot say I'm super pleased to learn about this partnership considering the negative reviews online concerning FUGA, but I guess this is the new norm. 

Now all I have to do is sit back and watch those pennies roll in. :D Correction: roll by.

Edited by 53mph
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, 53mph said:

. . . However, there is now an article on their blog site answering this question posted 19 days ago . . . .

Receiving a copyright claim on one of your videos using your release is not a bad thing! It means that through YouTube’s Content ID feature you can now start collected [sic] additional royalties from the views on that video as well.

If you still prefer to remove the claim, we can help arrange that for you. Unfortunately, it is not possible to whitelist an entire channel on YouTube, but we can request a claim removal.

In order to request a claim removal, we’ll just need a bit more information. Simply fill our [sic] our contact form and provide us with the following information:

* The URLs for the YouTube videos that include your content

* The ISRCs for the tracks of yours that are included in those videos 

Thanks for the follow-up on this issue. It is indeed good news that the issue wasn't caused by a random scammer.

• Like 1