What will make me consider buying highest tier of upcoming Sonar

Misha

8 hours ago, Wookiee said:

@Sistine Historically SONAR had to phone home every now and then when both Roland and Gibson owned it and charged £450.00 to purchase. Most software requires checking in, Cherry Audio, Roland Cloud, Toontrack, all require an active account that can access their servers.

1. IIRC Sonar does not need a phone home connection (I have Sonar installed now for a decade). Once authorized it keeps that authorization on the machine as long nothing is changed!
  2. No most software does not require a checkin (I could list easily more than 100 examples), but you're right about the examples above! Furthermore it is a difference if it needs checkin for one time per machine (Cherry/Toontrack) and then keeps authorization or not (like CbB)!

14 hours ago, Wookiee said:

It is quite interesting that S1 keeps being mentioned, are you aware that if any DAW other than S1 is mentioned, on their forums or social media streams those people are removed and banned from those forums and social media streams.

Bandlab have been very generous on that front. 

I actually have two DAWs loaded on my studio PC: Cakewalk by Bandlab and Studio One (v5) (Technically I have three - Reason 12 - as well, but I mainly use that as a live performance sequencer/VST host and a mobile songwriting tool, so I don't use that platform in a traditional DAW situation).  The reason why I have S1 is because I first bought a MacBook Pro in 2011 and sought out a Mac DAW for mobile recording purposes (and did NOT want to use Pro Tools). Since S1 is multi-platform, I installed a version on my studio PC. 

90% of my projects are done on CbB; I don't use S1 all that much. It's a really nice DAW but I work soooo much faster on CbB due to my familiarity with the platform. For me, CbB's greatest strengths are integration with my hardware synths (No one else does Instrument Definitions) and Pro Channel. S1's greatest strengths are moving clips around and the native timestretch feature that automatically stretches audio tracks in time as BPM is changed.