Presonus faderport

I have just bought a Faderport ( single fader version ) and it doesn`t seem to want to work with Cakewalk. I have gone through the same routine I used to install my Arturia Keylab midi keyboard, which has some transport controls on it,  but to no avail.

I was under the impression that the faderport was compatible with Sonar/Cakewalk but on checking the manual I can`t find a suitable "mode" to set it to.

Has anyone got any pointers?

Keith

1 hour ago, limpet said:

I have just bought a Faderport ( single fader version ) and it doesn`t seem to want to work with Cakewalk. I have gone through the same routine I used to install my Arturia Keylab midi keyboard, which has some transport controls on it,  but to no avail.

I was under the impression that the faderport was compatible with Sonar/Cakewalk but on checking the manual I can`t find a suitable "mode" to set it to.

Has anyone got any pointers?

Keith

It should definitely be fine when you set it up for Mackie Control. 

12 hours ago, Mr No Name said:

mk1 or mk 2 version ?

It`s a mk 2.

I went through the usual procedure and eventually got it sort of working but only in a very limited fashion.

It became a very expensive start/stop/jog button.

I have arranged to return it as I have only had it a couple of days. Apparently the more expensive 8/16 fader versions work better, but I`m not sure I want to risk it.

It would be nice to find a controller that works really well but it seems that the Behringer, and the Icon offerings also have their limitations and quirks.

Thanks for all the suggestions

Keith

16 hours ago, limpet said:

Apparently the more expensive 8/16 fader versions work better, but I`m not sure I want to risk it.

I've got the FaderPort 16, and @Jonathan Sasor has the FaderPort 8 - both work perfectly with CbB. 

The only exception is lack of access to the Synth Rack - unfortunately this feature was added after the FaderPorts were released, and because the FaderPort fakes multiple MCU button presses, it's not easy to work around (I did try, but it got messy).  IMO this isn't a big deal, as most synths have too many parameters to make editing parameters feasible with a Mackie Device in any case.

For the single fader version, you could try setting it to Universal Mode or Cubase Mode within the Mackie Control Surface dialog.

I have a Presonus Faderport 16, that has been working well for many years until a couple of months ago. 

The Faderport unit responds to track automation fine, but the unit's slide faders do not control the tracks.

I tested the Faderport with Studio-One and no issues, so this is not a hardware issue.

Is there anyone having this issue, lately? 

A corrupt Mackie driver?