Considering Bitwig

Zo

I finallt installed some max for live packs to get lfo lol ...so basically all the goodies i see are in max for live , so another software that you can have if you buy the capsule ..... lol ...

To answer Bapu s remark.  Yep recorders indeed , but one thing , and i know he will understands as a player , i always find a pain with regualr timeline is the ablility like in sessions , to recorde ideas in no partircular orders and not constraints of structure , like jaming in sessions , and unlike recoring tapes , there you have a tape machine per jam lol , and can play the one on demand instantly 

and can drag it to main tape on need lol 

This is this workflow that approach sesssion jame ideas that i like ,,, sure old way works , but my main grip was having to have clip length synced .... here we can have polyrythmy in a whole other level , not only in lelemnet whithin a track but=also between tracks or sections !! 

On 1/3/2024 at 9:46 PM, Zo said:

i always find a pain with regualr timeline is the ablility like in sessions , to recorde ideas in no partircular orders and not constraints of structure , like jaming in sessions , and unlike recoring tapes , there you have a tape machine per jam lol , and can play the one on demand instantly 

and can drag it to main tape on need lol 

Unless I'm misunderstanding, couldn't you do this with the Arranger Track/Scratch Pad in Studio One?

Posted (edited)
On 1/5/2024 at 12:45 PM, antler said:

Unless I'm misunderstanding, couldn't you do this with the Arranger Track/Scratch Pad in Studio One?

I wsih i could but all clips a linked to the loop size i dont know how to explain it ...

let s say i play drums , on one bar , in live or bitwig or maschine i can loop it , so loop length for this tracks is 1 bars i then play a guitar part improvisation on 8 bars , i can loop it  on even 7 bars if i wanted , the first drum track will fallow without me having to copy past it 7 times , so basically it is a polyrythmy by tracks , each one can loop its own way/.

In studio one i have to sync all tracks to the big clip and make sure they feed the loop length , the only loop that masters all ...

Good for regular work but for what i neeed nope ...

Here you clearly see 3 clips that have diff length but are all in sync

image.png.380f5b66a966c3048323e605ca743e8d.png

Edited by Zo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, TheSteven said:

I've paid around $105 last time during a BestService sale. 

Do you know if the update from X to x+1 is the same as X to X +n

8 minutes ago, Zo said:

Do you know if the update from X to x+1 is the same as X to X +n

I belive so as you are buying one year of updates from whenever you register it, for the next 12 months.
So you aren't buying an upgrade from a particular version, so the price is the same regardless.

• Like 1

Guyz i'm kinda striglling to make a simple thing : a default mapmping for exemple my OB-X plugin , in studio one i made a controll surface for my NI M32 with 4 pages of 8 knobs , each time i open an instance of OB-x , the mapping corresponding is charged and if i open another instance , it fallows ... (witch is why i use the control surface instead of midi controllers that are link to track sellected and not plugin opened) 

Anyway i try to do the same thing in bitrwig 

i used the device control panel , created the mapping , but it a fuking mess , it doesn't recall (maybve it s the demo) but basically i  created those 4 pâges , linked them to HW and soft controls ...but seems somehting wrong 

as it loses all pages CC linked to HW and then use the 8 first knobs and i have to switch pages on soeftware and always use my foirst 8 row of hw controllers to use them (3 other pages are useless) 

How do you guyz approach this , bascially i want a mapping per pluging , using all my pages on my hardware (those are the pâges i created )

image.thumb.png.3567364b29fb5344e4348a5f01b0966e.png

image.png