Come Away with Me

RexRed

5 hours ago, jack c. said:

another wonderful job.merry christmas.jack c

Thank you Jack for the Merry Christmas and lovely compliment on my song! Best to you in the New Year! 🎄👍💗

This song was very difficult to make.

At one point I had nearly 50 tracks all going at the same time and I had to figure out which tracks play at what time.

It was a soup of sound with everything from the refrigerator in it.

I had to slim it down and my ears got tired and I almost gave up.

The Oohs and Ahhs helped me to nail down the song.

I tried about 100 different pads in the song and hundreds of different congas and bongo samples till I found the right one.

I tried several basses and then settled on a bass  that I use in most of my songs.

The vocals were sung "very" close to the mic with no windscreen so it would be "intimate".

There are percussion sounds for bass and snare that took many tries to find the right samples.

The wind sound is an arctic wind (the best wind sound I think).

Even though the wind is from a cold place it sounds dry and warm.

The cello solo is a Stradivari cello. 

I hope this synopsis of the song is helpful.  😉

Edited by RexRed

Very nice. You do have the vocals intimate and sounding good. I think I spend a good amount of time doing as you describe, with many tracks that need to be slimmed down and my ears get tired too, and searching thru pad sounds etc. In the end, what you wound up putting together sounds good together, the mix is good and its clean, good work. Its a sweet song that someone you love would enjoy receiving.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Nice melodies and good craftsmanship. The production is very good especially on the vocals. I like the somewhat dreamish sound scape which the slow tempo emphasizes. Perhaps the congas go in the opposite direction and cause some tension, intended?

• Like 1