Master track VST automation control with a note based MIDI controller

I'm using a custom 4-button foot pedal that acts as a 4-note MIDI controller (C0, C#0, D0, and D#0). I have a looper plugin (LoopmanPI) that is controlled by 4 buttons, Play/Record, Stop, Undo, and FadeOut.

I'm using the plugin as an effect on the Master track (so I could record whatever I play as I hear it, whether it's a guitar setup on track 1, a drum machine setup on track 2, or whatever). I've added 4 automation lanes to my Master track, one for assigning the appropriate Remote Control | Note On message to each of the 4 VST functions.

It works great, except for picking up the same Note On messages from any of my MIDI controllers (like my MIDI keyboard). I don't see a way to filter the MIDI input to only act on my foot pedal, or a way to reroute the foot pedal to another MIDI channel. Is there a way to do either, or something else?

Hi Carmen and welcome to the Cakewalk forums.

I am not familiar with your foot-pedal controller (and I haven't read its manual), but if you could change the channel on which your foot pedal transmits MIDI, that's what I would look to.  Unless you are asking about how to change the input channel in Cakewalk you can change the channel here (in red):

image.png.f440e3ccd5a123aee1177b8645e86170.png

Kind regards,

tecknot