Rhodes releases V-Pan Plugin - Free until end of January 2024

Szilárd

https://rhodesmusic.com/rhodes-v-pan-plugin/

Rhodes Music has introduced the V-Pan plug-in, featuring the Vari-Pan section from V-RACK, Rhodes' multi-effects plug-in, as a dedicated module, saying:

"V-Pan is an innovation that pays homage to the iconic 'vibrato' stereo panning effect introduced in the 1970s on the suitcase piano. The V-Pan authentically emulates the iconic Vari-pan section found on the Rhodes MK8 flagship piano, seamlessly infusing analogue warmth into your digital audio workstation."

Key Features:

Directly modeled from the distinctive Rhodes MK8 hardware Vari-Pan circuit.

Equipped with precision Left/Right panning LED indicators.

Variable rate, ranging from super-slow to audio rates, allowing for versatile synth and ring mod-like effects.

Deep depth control for nuanced sound manipulation.

Provides a clear parameter value readout for precise adjustments.

Includes Waveform Slew and Smooth controls, enabling further customization of the panning waveshape.

Seamlessly integrates BPM sync functionality for synchronized and rhythmic effects.

The V-Pan plug-in will be available for free until January 31st, 2024, then pricing will be: £29.95 / €34.95 / $39.95.

rhodes-v-pan.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Beware, this plugin auto installs CodeMeter, along with some background processes, without word or warning. Now I get figure out how to remove CodeMeter. Ugh. Please developers, ask first before installing 3rd party licensing.

Edited by Plumbee
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 5

Yea, not liking that at all.  Plus, when I tried to register it on a Mac, it asked me to find an appropriate app to open it.  An app to open a line of text?  Nope.  

Deleted the plugin and all I could find of CodeMeter and some other background thing.  Shame too, I really wanted to try this as I'd love to get the full Rhodes plug in one day.  Well, at least it cured my GAS for it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Plumbee said:

Beware, this plugin auto installs CodeMeter, along with some background processes, without word or warning. Now I get figure out how to remove CodeMeter. Ugh. Please developers, ask first before installing 3rd party licensing.

Virharmonic's Bohemian Violin (and other instruments I'd assume) also use CodeMeter and I don't think I've ever hated a piece of software more. If someone thinks iLok is bad, they need to give CodeMeter a try to calibrate their perspective. So many background processes, local servers and other shady things going on that it really feels like actual malware opening attack vectors to your computer. I've gone through my computer with a mine detector and still feel like I've missed something.

Like, I get that devs want to protect their creations, but at least make ethical choices and keep your customers in mind when you pick a DRM. CodeMeter is not it.

So thanks for the heads up!

If you can, avoid anything that has CodeMeter. Whatever requires it, is not worth it.

Edited by Kirean
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, Fleer said:

Does the new Virharmonic (Gorilla engine) indeed use CodeMeter?

That's how I got it.

Had I known what I'd get myself into, I would have gone with something different (even if Virharmonic's stuff is great quality.)

It's basically one of the few purchases I've truly been bummed about (even more bummed than buying some plugins twice by accident, since at least those didn't try to chokehold your computer.)

• Like 2
  • Sad 2