Ableton Live 11/12 Suite $379/$439 at Thomann

Brian Lawler

41 minutes ago, Nitrate Audio said:

is this a decent price or just regular?

I think it is pretty good.  I bought Live 11 Suite on KVR a couple years ago for $400 and that was a fair price then.  I actually sold it last year for the same price ($400).  I am intrigued by the new MIDI features so I am jumping in again, and figure I can get most of my $$ back out if I don't like it.  I have a copy of Live 11 Lite that I got free somewhere, so I like this deal at $380 for sure. My upgrade price from Ableton direct is $479 (reg $599).

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

That's a very good deal.   The only drawback to the Suite is there's an additional 70gb you will rarely use.  The only plus is Max4Live.   It's probably worth effort to learn it but there are also great 3rd party devices for it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

That's a very good deal.   The only drawback to the Suite is there's an additional 70gb you will rarely use.  The only plus is Max4Live.   It's probably worth effort to learn it but there are also great 3rd party devices for it.

I second that and why I normally just upgrade to standard which is everything but the extra vsti and libs which amounts to orchestral stuff and some other things I didn't need. Quite a bit comes with the suite package. My upgrade before the end of Feb from 11 to 12 is $127.00.

4 hours ago, Tim Smith said:

I second that and why I normally just upgrade to standard which is everything but the extra vsti and libs which amounts to orchestral stuff and some other things I didn't need. Quite a bit comes with the suite package. My upgrade before the end of Feb from 11 to 12 is $127.00.

That's the worst part of it.  I never install the originals. They added some small stuff from Spitfire.  People use Simpler far more than Sampler.