UVI Select Bundle €199 at NI

ralfrobert

My DAW sense are not about that.  It's all of these acquisitions going around.   Image Line bought UVI and let them run business as usual.   Is UVI eventually gonna be sold off.   Ever since the 3 headed monster, I've only bought Komplete and ignore Izotope and PA since their deals aren't luring.   

I just find this sale a strange partnership.

8 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

I just find this sale a strange partnership.

I think this "partnership" sale is quite normal to be honest. UVI has made their plugins NKS compatible, atleast the ones that are in this bundle, and Native Instruments is basically celebrating that by having a huge sale. The goal being that people interested in UVI's stuff will get interested in NKS, therefore NI's MIDI controllers and those then further "lure" the consumer, that previously might have not been that interested, into their ecosystem. Which is a pretty strong one in my view, I'm not throwing any shade here.

It's a win-win-win situation really and these NKS special sales are nothing new. One ends, the next starts.

Edited by Solidos
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Solidos said:

I think this "partnership" sale is quite normal to be honest. UVI has made their plugins NKS compatible, atleast the ones that are in this bundle, and Native Instruments is basically celebrating that by having a huge sale. The goal being that people interested in UVI's stuff will get interested in NKS, therefore NI's MIDI controllers and those then further "lure" the consumer, that previously might have not been that interested, into their ecosystem. Which is a pretty strong one in my view, I'm not throwing any shade here.

It's a win-win-win situation really and these NKS special sales are nothing new. One ends, the next starts.

Ahhhhh......that explains it.  I guess my tin foil hat can go away now.

To anyone that just got into Falcon recently with their newest 3rd iteration, and are starting out with that ecosystem this bundle is an absolute no brainer.

Something to be aware of is that, to some, there are still frustrating problems with their Portal and product activations that persist since last week with that Venus Theory freebie.

So dont expect a smooth operation, at least for now.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, GoncaloL said:

Download & installation went without an issue, but activation via Uvi Portal did not. Simply doesn't seem to work (as if there's no handshake between iLok and Portal).

However, I activated the bundle manually via iLok and they all seem to load just fine in DAW (even if the 'activate' button still persists in the Portal.) 

40 minutes ago, Kirean said:

Download & installation went without an issue, but activation via Uvi Portal did not. Simply doesn't seem to work (as if there's no handshake between iLok and Portal).

However, I activated the bundle manually via iLok and they all seem to load just fine in DAW (even if the 'activate' button still persists in the Portal.) 

Yep exactly my experience.

Thanks for the tip

9 hours ago, GoncaloL said:

Something to be aware of is that, to some, there are still frustrating problems with their Portal and product activations that persist since last week with that Venus Theory freebie.

Update: At least on my side this problem is now solved and everything is installed and activated through UVI Portal