Fotor (AI Image Generation) - 63% off

mettelus

I wanted to point this deal out since there are many here who also work with visual media. I have been chipping away on rebuilding visual media and ran into the problem that I can edit the crap out of things, but finding a suitable base image is a royal pain (and hard to tell if those images are free or not). I had tried out Fotor last year, but they work on a "credit" system for image generation (1 credit per image) and they gave me 5 just for making a free account. Two ways to get credits are to either buy them outright or upgrade the membership plan. I just happened to try that again yesterday and there is a holiday sale going on, so wanted to point that out for folks. Although they have promo codes out, do not use those on the membership upgrades, since they are less than the default savings sale on their site and get overridden if you use them. I think credits carry over for up to 5 months (but they do expire if not used). The route of buying credits alone, you can use the promo codes on, but it is actually cheaper to upgrade to Pro + straight up ($5.25/month with yearly subscription, with 300 credits per month) rather than try to juggle other options. Definitely read through things on their site for different plans/options/features if interested... I was solely focused on image generation, but they offer a lot of different capabilities.

A few things of note (I am pretty sure the free credits for just making an account still exists) specific to raw AI generation from text:

1. If doing a text-based description, be sure to fill up the description with as much detail as possible or the AI just randomly assigns it. Silly things like length of hair, color of objects, setting, time of day, etc. are all important. I "think" the free version was limited to 1000 characters, but the upgrade is 3000 characters.
  2. Faces generated (I have only done 10 thus far), have been similar enough that I am wondering if their "AI" is actually using 3D pre-made character models. I will figure this out more as time goes on, but this is worth noting.
Edited by mettelus
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, PhonoBrainer said:

Does Fotor create images of 1920×1080 size?

The image generator only has aspect ratios (1:1, 4:3, 3:4, 16:9, and 9:16) as selectable options, not pixel size. I have been only working with 1:1 so far, and it makes them 2048x2048. I suspect you could resize a 16:9 down if you wanted a perfect 1920x1080, but if using the image for something like a desktop image, Windows will automatically scale it and use a 16:9 image "as is." The 5 free credits for just making an account is still in place, so you can test that out... beware here... the AI image generator defaults to 2 images at a time (in the lower left), so if you are working with those 5 freebies, I suggest setting that to only 1 image per generation cycle. Again, be very descriptive on what you want to see, or the generator will just randomly assume "something" for what you left out.

A lot of their editing tools are free (same tools available in many programs), so I have been focused on bringing those into Painter and repainting/modifying them.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, audioschmaudio said:

Cool, I'll head right to their website, now that I have the URL 😐

Silly me! In reality, since this is not specifically music-related and I am not an expert on the subject (or their product), that was intentional. I figured if typing 5 characters ("Fotor") was a struggle, then typing 3000 characters (2 pages of coherent text) would go far beyond their capabilities to use what I had mentioned in the OP. Finding 3000 characters of coherent text on an internet forum is a rarity as it is.

• Haha 1