Bridge to Your Love

RexRed

Very good song with some excellent vocals.  Your voice has an aching, yearning sound with a bitter-sweet/melancholy feel.  It's so effective that when the song started I thought, "OK, the guy builds a bridge and gets the girl".  But by the end I wasn't so sure, and felt like the singer might be building a bridge that was going to reach nowhere, and maybe the guy is working hard but the girl doesn't really care.  At the end it's not clear what's going to happen and I think that ambiguity is powerfully effective and touching.   Honestly, I found it very moving, I could see this doing really well in the indie/country genre sort of like Luke Bryan's "Something in the Orange".  I think you've got a killer here.

At first I thought that the arrangement needed to be fleshed out a bit, but as the song progressed I thought the sparseness worked much better.  

• Like 1

Hi mate,

I've not always been positive with your stuff, in that I always thought you were rhyming one sentence with another that I felt too was easy for you as  you have a strong and wonderfully rich voice ..

This piece of work, and for ever the reason for you writing and singing it has everything a love song should have although I do feel you hold the phrases a little long, this is a wonderful love song with message and meaning that draws you in and when it ends, you need to play it again...

For what it's worth .. well done from me, and it gets a 10/10

PS did I get a bit of EAGLES there at the end ... 😉

Edited by Supa Reels
  • Like 1

Hey Jack, Jude and Supa, thanks for your really nice comments!

I really struggled with the music for this song. It sounded really good live, with just me playing the dobro alone.

But when I added other instruments suddenly I lost focus on the song. 

It took many tries just to bring it to the place where it is now.

It is a beautiful song and I spent days and nights trying to do it justice.

At one point I had drums playing and it lost all trace of what it seemed to really need.

I am not sure it is even there yet but it seems to sort of relay the feeling it may be meant to relay.

It needs to be done live with an audience and maybe a nice bluegrass band.

Something that seems a bit out of my reach musically maybe.

As for the story behind the romance in the song.

A bridge is a structure that others can benefit from to help them cross a stream as well after the builder is gone.

It is an unselfish act and maybe love is not the only reward.

Helping others. This may be why this song has an emotional pull for some. 💞

Edited by RexRed
  • Like 1