Cakewalk Sonar Beta sign-ups

Quinellipe Zorn

On 1/27/2024 at 10:19 PM, David A Ludwig said:

No, and yes.

Cubase 13 is more stable than 12, and they cleaned up the interface and allow much color customization.

I'm hoping SONAR will look as fresh. btw, Steinberg was at NAMM... 

I bought Cubase 13 as a lifesaver , I started to training in it!
I hope new sonar could be performing and stable , otherwise ...

• 1 month later...

There’s possibly 6 threads on the topic and I made a video that explains how to activate it. 

Holy cow I just noticed this video now has 1.7 K views! Most of my videos are doing good if they have 500 views after a year.  Guess Sonar is a hot topic. 

Edited by John Vere
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Courtleigh Cannick said:

I signed and submitted the NDA for the Sonar Beta a while ago and recently downloaded Backstage Pass/Sonar.  Unclear how to activate it Anyone have any information?

After you submitted the NDA, Bandlab should have given you access to an additional private thread on this forum. If that has happened, you'll see the thread named "Cakewalk Sonar Beta {Private}". The Sonar Beta version is available within that private thread. It may not be exactly the same as what is available through Backstage Pass, it may be a version or two ahead of what is available through Backstage Pass. The Backstage Pass version has a 3-day free limit or requires a monthly or annual Backstage Pass membership, the Beta version does not. If you don't see the private thread, you don't have access to the Beta version.

4 hours ago, ptheisen said:

After you submitted the NDA, Bandlab should have given you access to an additional private thread on this forum. If that has happened, you'll see the thread named "Cakewalk Sonar Beta {Private}". The Sonar Beta version is available within that private thread. It may not be exactly the same as what is available through Backstage Pass, it may be a version or two ahead of what is available through Backstage Pass. The Backstage Pass version has a 3-day free limit or requires a monthly or annual Backstage Pass membership, the Beta version does not. If you don't see the private thread, you don't have access to the Beta version.

For me there was never a follow up all I got was the acknowledgement that my application was submitted. Which proved they had my email address working. but that's all water under the bridge and not sure why people are still talking about it?  In a way I'm not sure I would have contributed much as I rarely bump into what are known as bugs.