Soundpaint - Alien Drum - $10 / Fire Brass Bundle - $30 (w/ vouchers)

Kirean

• Kirean changed the title to Soundpaint - Alien Drum - $10 / Fire Brass Bundle - $30 (w/ vouchers)
  • 3 months later...
On 12/14/2023 at 3:28 PM, Music Software Deals said:

Lol "no sales". Except these sales...

These are not sales, they are crossgrade codes.

Edited by topaz

59 minutes ago, topaz said:

These are not sales, they are crossgrade codes.

For people who own the 8Dio libraries, so this is kind of f'ed up.

Also, the Fire Brass bundle (the 8Dio version) is one of the worst libraries I have ever bought. It sounds like someone farting through toy instruments.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I don't think they were crossgrade coupons since I never owned either of those items when I got an email about them being on sale.

Edit: Just edited the codes out just in case.

But Soundpaint has sent emails about various products which have utilized discount codes for them (even when those items were not owned on 8dio), so they definitely do do salesThere's even a new one from last week.

I don't think I've ever paid a full price for Soundpaint instruments and haven't bought duplicates w/ Kontakt.

On that note, there's even a code out there in the wild that makes the Fire Bundle cheaper than these codes ever did.

Edited by Kirean

Well, I do avoid sharing actually questionable/clearly personal deals. Since the sale was from 4 months ago, the email has been purged long time ago. Thus, since I can't verify, I'll remove it. (Yet. I still didn't own anything on 8dio related to the particular sale and still got the email for the Soundpaint deal.)

If they send a deal to everyone on their mailing list, no matter on past purchases, I do feel like it's not exactly a secret.  

And Soundpaint comes up with a new 50% off deal every week (or feels like it).

9 minutes ago, Kirean said:

Well, I do avoid sharing actually questionable/clearly personal deals. Since the sale was from 4 months ago, the email has been purged long time ago. Thus, since I can't verify, I'll remove it. (Yet. I still didn't own anything on 8dio related to the particular sale and still got the email for the Soundpaint deal.)

If they send a deal to everyone on their mailing list, no matter on past purchases, I do feel like it's not exactly a secret.  

And Soundpaint comes up with a new 50% off deal every week (or feels like it).

I own many 8dio products and NEVER get  crossgrade codes.  

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, topaz said:

I own many 8dio products and NEVER get  crossgrade codes.  

My understanding was that you needed to ask for crossgrades via customer support.

Just so that I wasn't and am not tripping on Ikea's meatballs, I checked via friend who has never bought or used 8dio/SP stuff but is signed up for their newsletter.

He too, like me, got an email from 8dio four days ago for a 50% off deal for Soundpaint version of Century Solo Flugel Horn. Voucher and all.  He also received similar emails for Rhytmic Auras 1, Adastra Chamber/Solo Strings and apparently some others.

So check your spam folder I guess if you're not receiving any emails?

Edited by Kirean

4 minutes ago, Kirean said:

My understanding was that you needed to ask for crossgrades via customer support.

Just so that I wasn't and am not tripping on Ikea's meatballs, I checked via friend who has never bought or used 8dio/SP stuff but is signed up for their newsletter.

He too, like me, got an email from 8dio four days ago for a 50% off deal for Soundpaint version of Century Solo Flugel Horn. Voucher and all.  He also received similar emails for Rhytmic Auras 1, Adastra Chamber/Solo Strings and apparently some others.

So check your spam folder I guess if you're not receiving any emails?

yep just been checking, will shoot them an email. 😉 

I admit, while I've given SoundPaint advice and am friends with their CEO, I want to buy Alien drum and searched my email for that deal -- which I am guessing would be expired by now. But I didn't get it and I'm on the 8Dio and SoundPaint email lists.  I already own a few detailed hang drum libraries (including SonicCoture's), but I'm in love with the sound of the hang drum and this library sounds gorgeous -- plus I've really gotten deeper into programming SoundPaint than any other sampler. 

But I suppose I didn't get this email because I don't own the KONTAKT version of Alien Drum. 

4 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

But I suppose I didn't get this email because I don't own the KONTAKT version of Alien Drum. 

Like I said. Neither do I.

I never get those notifications either from my email registered in 8dio. I do get them in my other 2 accounts.  The file size for something called alien drum is a bit ridiculous.  If you used it in a mix I guess you would have to mention, "check out the alien drum in this. Doesn't it sound great?"

46 minutes ago, Kirean said:

Like I said. Neither do I.

So my guess is that their email targeting got some things wrong. It's not rare with small retailers. They're mostly using Shopify and connect it up to some email marketing SaaS, and this stuff can be tricky, so there's a fairly decent probability of user error. Hence, when some people on the email list who don't actually own a library get sent an email with an upgrade offer for something they don't own and others who don't own the library don't get that same email.  Email lists are very highly personalized these days with tons of criteria that determines what an email subscriber sees. If the person administrating the software gets something a little off, you can wind up getting offers that weren't intended for you based on your buying behavior. 

Edited by PavlovsCat